65. His smile

Aidel's breathing slowed, but his heart was pounding hard in his chest

Aidel's breathing slowed, but his heart was pounding hard in his chest. He couldn't tear his gaze away from his intense gray eyes. Aidel's lips were slightly parted, feeling the dryness in his throat. He took a slow, deep breath, causing his chest to rise and fall.

David's drunken, dark eyes bore into Aidel as he gradually leaned closer to his face... closer and closer.

Aidel's eyes remained fixed on him as he slowly pressed against him, getting closer.  He knew what David was trying to do... he understood it all.

"D-David." Aidel's hushed voice lingered in the air, and David moved even closer to his face. He raised his hand to push him away, as their lips were just inches apart, but David fell against his shoulder.

Aidel swallowed the dryness in his throat as he looked down at him, and the sound of Amelia's running footsteps approached them.

"Dada, look! I found seashells!" She extended her hand, showing a small, cute shell in her tiny palm.

Aidel glanced at it, then smiled softly as he spoke, "Baby, your outfit doesn't have pockets. Give it to me, I'll keep your precious little shell safe."

Amelia's eyes lit up, and she nodded, saying, "Here, keep it safe for me." She handed the shell to Aidel, who carefully placed it in his shirt pocket.

She glanced over at David and remarked, "Oh, Daddy fell asleep again." She bent down to gently pat his head. "Poor Daddy," she said with sympathy in her voice.

Aidel looked at her face as she spoke, and then at David, who was resting his head on his shoulder. Amelia settled herself comfortably and smiled. "I truly enjoyed everything," she said, her smile radiating as she sat there like a cherubic baby beneath the moonlight. She is beautiful, Aidel thought.

"The trip to Thailand, your victory, our little trip, confronting my emotions with my father and R... I feel such relief now," she continued, her smile unyielding as she looked at Aidel, who was already fixated on her.

"Thank you, Dada, for everything," she expressed with sincerity. "For being by my side, for understanding me... for supporting me and making me so happy," she chuckled wholeheartedly, her eyes closing softly.

Aidel, whose heart was already racing from David's confessions, now felt like he was on a high-speed train. Hearing her heartfelt confessions made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. This moment was overwhelming.

"I love you, Dada," she declared, her gaze fixed on him.

Aidel, his cheeks tinged with a warm pink blush, replied, "I love you too, my Cupcake"

Amelia stared at him for a moment before leaning in slightly to kiss his upper lips. She delicately brushed her lips against his, savoring his sweetness.