[Chapter 27: So Much For That]

"Okay, okay, I get the picture." You huffed with irritation, rolling your eyes and deciding to just ignore his taunting tone. "That's how you figured out where I was. I can't see why it matters so much to you though, seeing as you were the one who allowed me freedom to visit her in the first—"

"Why it matters so much to me...?" Hannibal slowly repeated, his words causing confusion to flicker across your face and cloud your expression. "Oh (Y/n), of course it matters to me. Why wouldn't it...? Your safety is everything to me. Whether it be with Voorhees, out-and-about, or merely with your mother."

"Y-You needn't go that far..." You stammered embarrassingly, your cheeks flushing pink while you wondered how exactly to go about everything. "I was just catching up with my Mom, and that's it."

"Really~?" He murmured in a sweet tone, cradling one of your cheeks with his hand and brushing his thumb as softly as he could over your skin. "I mean, it's just that, I thought you'd want to go and visit your mother by yourself. It's sort of a one-person activity, isn't it...? Besides, I would've thought that bringing Michael along might've put a damper on the visit, considering how much suffering and emotional damage he caused her."

"Hey...! He didn't do it out of enjoyment...!" You sharply snapped, shaking your head as you moved away a second time. "If anything, he only did it because you and the others probably told him to...! So don't try to pin this on Michael...!"

" "Didn't do it out of enjoyment"...?" Hannibal quoted mischievously, amused by your words whilst he found your reaction to be relatively adorable. "Does that even really matter...? After all, he was the one to torture her in the first place."

"That...That doesn't matter..." You spoke in a low voice, avoiding his eyes before glancing away awkwardly. "It was in the past, and I don't want to remember it anyway."

"No...? So you're just giving Michael a free pass then, despite him hurting you in such a traumatic and twisted way...?"
"That's not what I meant...! All I meant was—"
"Believe me, I'm not trying to provoke you, or create conflict between the two of you."
"Yeah, that's pretty hard to believe"
"—All I'm saying is that you seem to act extremely more lenient when it comes to Michael, and his previous behav—"

"Hey. Shut up." Stu coldly interrupted, stepping forwards and closer to you. "You're making (Y/n) feel uncomfortable."

"Yeah." Billy added angrily, clenching his fists while standing by your other side. "You're bothering her. So back off already, dickhead."

"Ah, so you two must be the "unwanted admirers" that were persecuting poor (Y/n) just a few days ago. What an unpleasant surprise." Hannibal casually commented, throwing them each a superior smirk and shaking his head slightly as his condescending attitude returned. "Still, this is all rather amusing, don't you think darling~?"