[Chapter 89: Sharing & Showing]

"Technically, you haven't. And I don't trust any of you to be around Brahms." You dryly declared, your sarcasm spiking up again while you shared it with Hannibal more than the rest of your partners. "I'm sorry, but I really, really don't."

"That's completely understandable. I can see why you wouldn't want all of us surrounding such a delicately crafted doll." Hannibal noted with pleasant smile, the dark-haired male replying calmly and nodding in agreement.

"Well, not only that, but one of the rules are "No Guests". So I've just disregarded that, and totally ruined what the Heelshires had previously asked of me." You sighed dejectedly, pressing one of your hands against your forehead and feeling disappointed.

"I don't think you've disregarded what they asked of you in the slightest." He spoke in a soothing tone, placing one of his hands comfortingly on top of your shoulder before giving it a lightly tender squeeze. "After all, you didn't even know we were coming, now did you?"

"Uh, no...I didn't. Otherwise I would've prepared myself more, or told you guys about the "No Guests" rule fairly sooner." You decided with a depressive attitude, moving closer towards Brahms and picking the doll up as motherly as you could.

"See? Exactly. You're taking care of their child, just like they'd formerly requested." Hannibal pointed out respectfully, his smile still showing while he carried on trying to comfort you. "Speaking of which—"

"What...?" You defensively asked, hugging Brahms closer to your side whilst also eyeing them all with nothing but suspicion.

"I was wondering." He continued, pausing for a brief moment before thinking over his words and moving towards where you were standing.

"What were you wondering...?" You repeated with confusion, noticing how curious Hannibal had currently become.

"Oh, nothing much. I was just wondering if I - and the others - were allowed to glance at Brahms' List ourselves. Y'know, just to see if there's anything else we should know and all of that." Hannibal innocently answered, the polite male talking to you in his usual civil manner and courteous fashion.

"Well, I...I mean, I guess that's alright. I was just going to make dinner for this evening, so I'm sorry I can't exactly go over it with you guys." Suddenly feeling awkward, you quickly felt bad, realising how Hannibal usually chose to create his own meals and what he preferred to use in general. "Oh, my bad...I know you don't exactly "go along" with what I cook. Just...tell me what you like, and I'll try to—"

"Please don't concern yourself over us, mia amata. We were the ones who dropped by out of the blue, remember?" Hannibal calmed you down softly, holding your free hand in his own after he'd spoken for himself and the others. "Besides, my future things are already safely tucked inside my car. All I need to do is reheat my meal when the time comes. Obviously, it's not the most...well-mannered way to eat, but it'll do for now. Meanwhile, Pennywise and Krueger don't even need any actual necessities."