[Chapter 51: Dramatic Dining]

"Forgive me for interrupting, but I couldn't help but notice that you've seemed to have used a fresh type of recipe as of late...?" Hannibal gently commented, picking up on your current culinary skills before realising your professional expertise and deciding to compliment you in the process once he'd entered the kitchen himself.

"Oh, uh...Yeah...I have..." You awkwardly responded, watching the expert cook develop his design and create his dish after he'd gotten his meal ready. "I'm assuming that you've created a...fresh new type of recipe too...?"

"Your assumption would turn out to be correct." The dark-haired male replied calmly, flashing you a softhearted smile as he started to begin cooking dinner also. "After all, a recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe."

"I suppose I've never really thought of it that way..." You mulled over said words casually; calling the others down after completing your meals for everybody and moving into the dining room. "I assume cooking is more of an art than anything. More of chemistry."

"So it would seem." Hannibal remarked in amusement, following you into the same room before taking a seat and placing everything on the table. "You need to be more of an artist. Need to be able to show your creative side."

"I...I'd say (Y-Y/n)'s already pretty c-creative...!" Norman cut in defensively, sitting down opposite you while gratitude flowed from his tone; Billy, Stu, Michael and Penny thanking you quietly afterwards.

"Oh, I couldn't agree more." The psychiatrist agreed pleasantly, tucking into his food before dipping his head as a polite nod. "In fact, I'd say that (Y/n)'s exceptionally talented when it comes to the culinary arts and intellectuals."

"You don't have to go that far..." You shyly mumbled, embarrassment clouding your face while you also carried on eating and continued to avoid everybody's glances at the dinner table. "I just occasionally create meals for you guys during dinner-time, and you guys just so happen to appreciate them, that's all."

"I-In fact I'D say (Y-Y/n) i...is the MOST c-creative person I've e-ever, EVER met...!" Norman bursted out passionately, love and affection dripping from his voice while he struggled to contain himself one-hundred-percent.

"Is...that so...?" You hesitantly commented, feeling more and more embarrassed by the minute. "I'll uh...I'll simply take your word for it, then. Thanks...Norman."

"You needn't grow so embarrassed, my dear." Hannibal chuckled in amusement, wrapping up his meal for the evening first and finding your shyness to be somewhat sweet.

"I just don't think it's that big of a deal." You decided with dusted pink cheeks, finishing your food shortly after Hannibal had before noticing that most of the others had too. Damn, you hadn't realised that Billy, Stu, Michael, Penny and Norman were such fast eaters. Hopefully they weren't impatient. "I'm sorry if I've kept you guys waiting that long. I didn't realise that you guys were so quick at finishing food, and—"