[Chapter 42: Morning Mischief]

Still feeling salty, Michael narrowed his eyes and shook his head; silently telling you that whoever you saw WASN'T him, but in the end he let it go, realising that there wasn't really any way he could mainly convince you. So after hugging you back, he rested his head on top of yours and then disappeared, the stalker obviously either having enough for tonight or waiting to watch you sleep tonight - which either way you were fine with. With a weary sigh, you politely said Goodnight to Hannibal, Norman and Pennywise, rolling your eyes towards Freddy before giving him a sarcastic wave and leaving him to vanish into thin air a minute or two later. Heading into your bedroom, you wished everybody else sweet dreams - with Norman tagging behind you like a little lost puppy, and Freddy plainly wanting to mess around with your nightmares - but you definitely demanded every single male to turn around whilst you got changed into your pyjamas. After you'd headed into the bathroom again, you brushed your teeth and fell excessively more exhausted as the time passed; flicking your bedroom light off and shutting the door before flopping onto your bed, right next to Norman as he curled his arms around your waist and hugged you abruptly from behind.

Falling asleep, you dealt with Freddy almost immediately afterwards; the dream demon messing with your mind during the dreamworld while also attempting to make you feel even more tired. Fighting against new nightmares, you freaked out and woke up around 9:30/10AM, feebly gasping and sitting up before Norman had even woken up. Stifling a yawn, you rubbed at your eyes and glanced at the time - recognising that it was earlier than your usual waking hours. Goddammit Freddy. Ah well, it's not like falling back asleep would fix any of your former conflicts. If anything, that would cause more and more problems between you and the demonic slasher. Yeah...It would probably be best if you just— Hold on a second...No...Wait...That wasn't possible. Slipping your feet over to the other side of the bed, you curiously stood up; now approaching the "Good Guy Doll" and noticing how the doll had changed position. Because the doll wasn't in the box anymore, he was sitting on top of your drawers and creepily smiling.

Was this a prank...? Was one of the others messing with you or something...? Because if so, this wasn't very funny. At least, not to you. Wanting to make sure that the others definitely weren't joking with you, you cautiously advanced the clean toy and pushed the soft spot on the back of his head; surprised when gears whirred and the doll's baby blue yet tony eyes snapped open. Weird...Should you speak to the doll...? What were you supposed to say...? Staring at the back of the box, you saw the main phrase that you were told to tell the "Good Guy Doll": "Hi, I'm (Your Name). What's your name?" - so that's what you said, telling the doll your name in a soft tone of voice so that Norman could stay asleep. The doll now peculiarly activating towards you, he suddenly replied in a high-pitched, little voice of his own; his lips badly out of sync with his words as his head swiftly swivelled in the direction of where you were standing. Was he just terribly programmed...? Or was it all because you needed to fix him...?

"Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend 'till the end...! Hidey ho, ha-ha-ha...!" The Good Guy Doll greeted in a bubbly and bright manner, his words making you jump and feel startled out of absolutely nowhere.

"Well, aren't you something...?" You spoke to the toy softly, giving the doll a good-natured high-five and doing your best to be civil. "Pleasure to meet you, Chucky. I guess I'm your friend now too, huh...?"

"(Y...Y/n)...? Y-You're already...awake...?" Norman mumbled sleepily, rubbing at his eyes before sitting up and speaking to you.