[Chapter 33: Losing Interest...?]

"So I think that makes you the final one." You spoke to Rose cheerfully, adding her phone number to your contact list and shooting her a message to double-check that you'd added it correctly.

"It must feel great to have everybody's number again." She warmly replied, tucking her phone back into her pocket after you'd both exchanged the proper information.

"Well it's definitely a relief, that's for sure." You remarked in a lighthearted attitude, thinking back to when the others had broken your previous one.

"Say, Princess~?" "Answer me something~"
"Alright, what...?" "What do you want me to answer...?"
"Why didn't the skeleton have a mobile~?"

"Wait Michael, DON'T—!"
"Because he had no BODY to talk to~!"
"NO...!" "That was a TERRIBLE idea...!"

"Are you walking home alone again today...?" Rose wondered with interest, hoisting her backpack on top of her shoulder once she'd finished pushing her textbooks inside.

"Oh, no. Billy and Stu are walking me home." You informed her playfully, trying to make them seem less strange in your friends' eyes. "They were concerned about me feeling alone, that's all."

"Hey, if you ever feel alone, I'd be more than happy to walk home with you sometime instead." Rose offered kindly, grasping her bag's strap as she spoke.

Crap, that would be even worse. "That's really kind of you, but I wasn't even expecting Billy and Stu to want to walk home with me, y'know...?" Pleasantly rejecting her request to the side; you released a light laugh and tried your best to seem polite in the process, not wanting to appear rude either.

"Oh...I understand. Well, if you ever need a friend to walk or talk to, you know how - or where - to find me." She brought up with a soft smile, gesturing over to her phone's pocket and wanting to show signs of support.

"Thanks, Rose. I'll remember that." You thanked her appreciatively, genuine gratitude flowing down from your tone as soon as she'd volunteered. "That means a lot to me. Honestly. Especially after everything you've already done for me."

"Aw, are you talking about the notes...? They were no trouble sharing, (Y/n)." Rose responded gently, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear while she reverted back to her kindhearted self. "I mean, they definitely seemed like something you needed at the time."

"Yeah, no kidding." Laughing at her comment wryly, you agreed with her words and gave her a high-five; shoving your textbooks back into your bag due to your classes eventually coming to an end. "I was genuinely surviving on those notes - because if you hadn't offered, or lent me them, moving house would've absolutely destroyed me from being able to keep up with everything."

"Well you were always super nice to me in the past, so really, I was more than happy to return the favour." She told the truth in a friendly fashion, her reply melting your heart whilst the two of you walked through the hallway and made your way towards the University's front gates.

"Hey, anytime." You promised Rose contentedly, giving her a hug from the side before noticing Billy and Stu waiting for you.

"(Y/n)! It's SO good to see you again!" Billy exclaimed with excitement; bounding directly in front of you before flinging his arms right around your body and bringing you into a hug of his own.