[Chapter 67: Fixing His Conditions]

"I should what...?"
"I think that you should go back to Derry, Maine."

Shock slammed across Pennywise's face, the killer clown taking this as well as you thought he would; his strange lack of emotion forcing the atmosphere to become not only uncomfortable, but also quite unnerving too. Was he...Was he angry...? Was he...Was he upset...? Did he think you were messing with him...? Minutes ticked by like mere seconds, silence surrounding the two of you as if were nothing more than an invisible blanket whilst you internally panicked - wondering what to do, or even what to say, to resolve said situation. "After all, Pennywise here hasn't really shown to be the very best at controlling his emotions, or fighting just how he feels overall." Bearing in mind Hannibal's previous warning, you bit your lip and took a deep breath, not wanting to hurt Penny's feelings whatsoever. Though fortunately for you, it turned out that you didn't need to figure out how he was feeling, because after a few seconds the silence suddenly faded - the clownish killer showing you completely how he felt. And oh God—

"Penny...?" You called his name in a tiny tone of voice, his stunned stance making you feel incredibly frightened. "Did my words go too far...? Are you...Are you oka—"

"...Ahahaha." Slowly, Pennywise started to laugh; his lack of sanity draining after he'd taken things the wrong way and misunderstood what your true intentions were. "You're...You're messing with me, aren't you...? You-You gotta be. Have to admit though, you almost had me there. Ahahahahahaha!"

"Penny, I...I didn't mean for my words to sound so hurtful, or painful." You sighed guiltily, wrapping your arms around his body and cuddling him as a means of comfort. "Or anything like that. Seriously, I didn't. But you have to understand where I'm coming from here. I mean, I figured out what set you off before breakfast today. What made you feel so...different earlier. Hannibal told me."

"I-I KNEW it! I KNEW that MOTHERFUCKER would TRY to get me out of this house SOMEHOW!" Pennywise shrieked unstably, shifting into his darker form and placing the blame on the psychiatrist almost immediately.

"What? No...! Penny, this wasn't even his decision. It was mine...!" You shakily panicked, worrying about how badly the conversation seemed to be heading. "I was the one who thought that it would be better for you to head back to Derry for just a little while longer."

"Y...You...? B...But why...? That...That doesn't make any sense...!" He stubbornly exclaimed, curling his arms tightly around you in return to your former hug. "You...You LOVE me...! I-I KNOW you do...! You'd NEVER try to kick me outta this house...!"

"Of course I wouldn't...!" You reassured him hurriedly, letting him keep you in a loving embrace and express his emotions that way. "That's not why I decided that it would be best for you, Pennywise. I thought it would be better for you due to your...your physical conditions."

"My...physical conditions...?" Pennywise blankly repeated, bewildered by what you were trying to share with him. "But I...I'm not hurt. I'm...I'm not injured in any way, shape, or form...!"