[Chapter 87: Thursday Alarm]

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting." You spoke to Michael and Chucky with an apologetic smile, realising that it had grown even later during the night. "I was checking to see if Brahms was still asleep, and then I was telling him off for messing around so late in the first place."

"Bitch, listen. I really don't think you should be messing around with that creepy thing." Chucky declared uncomfortably, watching you place the empty cups of coffee in the sink and not having a clue how to show any sort of tact or sensitivity towards the bizarre problem. "I mean, if this thing is some kind of spirit or ghost, or...I don't even fucking know. I am not sure that it's the good kind. 'Kay?"

"Brahms is an eight-year-old boy. As long as I follow the rules, I know he won't hurt me." You confidently retaliated, feeling protective and motherly whilst you swirled around to face them both.

"We don't even know what the fuck that thing is...! It might not even be the real Brahms inside that doll." The redheaded doll retorted in frustration, stamping his foot and acting just like a little kid himself.

"Okay, well what if it is...?" You shot back sternly, folding your arms and arguing with Chucky. "What if Brahms is trapped inside that doll - trapped inside this house - with nowhere to go, huh...? You think leaving his spirit - his ghost - to suffer all alone is the better option...?"

"Well, I-...I know it's not safe in this house, okay...!?" Chucky worriedly snapped, his angry persona fading for a few minutes so he could show his true colours and real concern.

"I'm not leaving." You argued with a stubborn tone, your arms still crossed while you turned to leave the kitchen. "You two can go back home if you want, but I refuse to leave a little kid alone, all by himself."

"You are SO stubborn, y'know that...!?" He icily insulted, snatching one of your wrists with his left hand and forcing you to stop folding your arms altogether. "All this over a trapped spirit of a little boy."

"Yes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going straight to sleep after all of this." You calmly announced, holding Michael's hand in yours and letting Chucky carry on gripping your wrist. "You guys coming or...? I mean it is becoming late."

"Fine. Whatever." The doll muttered under his breath moodily, rolling his eyes before tagging along beside you and ignoring Michael at the same time.

Thankfully, the both of them didn't give you any type of trouble; the pale-faced male watching you brush your teeth again before staring at you intensely afterwards. And you were so sleepy you could barely even say Goodnight genuinely, still being able to snuggle into the serial killers' arms regardless. But then

"You sure took your time tonight~" A mischievous voice mocked relentlessly, stifling a very fake yawn as they leant against one of the boiler room's steaming, hot walls - acting almost bored by how long they've had to wait. "Problem sleeping, Princess~?"