Pull my hair

boom! boom! boom! 

Gosh, what is that noise? I'm trying to sleep, please go away. Of course, I was saying all these in my unconscious mind. I was trying to sleep. Last night was too much for me. It was a wild night of drinking and dancing. 

Oh yes, the quiet. As my mind drifted back to sleep, I heard that annoying noise again.

"Alex I know you are in there. I'm going to come in with my keys, please don't kill me."

"Go away Josh" I groaned. If there was something I hated, is to be woken from sleep. I love my sleep so much and I hated being disturbed while in it.

"I'm coming in now! I just stepped in!" Thump! Josh covered his face with both his hands as the shoe I threw at him hit him in the stomach. "Please Alex, I know how much you love your sleep but I found you a job"

"I don't want a job, I just want to sleep for goodness sake. Get out!" I raised my head to see Josh entering my bedroom and jumping on the bed.

"Eeew, your breath stinks and your hair is like a bird's nest. Get in the shower Alex, I can't breathe."

He pushed me out of the bed. Oh, my lovely bed. I lived in a small apartment with a living room and a bedroom. The only thing big in the house was my bed. My comfort was in my bedroom and everything I loved was in my bedroom.

"Remind me again why you are my best friend?" I got up and wanted to jump back in bed. But Josh pushed me away with his legs.

"Because you love me and I'm the only one who can put up with you" He got up and pushed me to the bathroom, and the bastard turned on the cold shower on me.

"Eeeeeek!" I screamed, "Josh I'm going to kill you, I promise!" 

I heard him murmur some nonsense. I sighed as I undressed to take a quick shower. My eyes caught the tattoo on my right thigh. I sighed some more as I remembered the drunken daring Saturday night Josh and I decided to tattoo each other's initials. It was a screaming match the following day, but we loved it.

Josh and I had been best friends since I was four. Our parents were neighbors and we naturally became friends. The closeness brought our families together and the friendship was still as strong as ever.

"What job is this by the way?" I shouted from the bathroom so that he could hear me.

"An assistant to one of Phil's friends. His name is Jimmy and he works at Hills Corporation." I heard him pull out my drawers to get my clothes. He spoiled me so much. "Don't mess this up, Alex. I know it is a chore for you to keep a job"

"Oh shut up Josh. I try my best. They are the ones with issues, not me." I came back to the bedroom with a towel around me. Josh threw my clothes and undies to me while he turned around for me to dress up.

"It's even a wonder you have not been fired from your babysitting job," He said, still facing away from me.

"I went for a retreat in Africa, remember? I'm a changed person" I finished dressing up and turned my hair for him to work on. Don't ask me, he just knew how to do these things.

"Ha ha, that's funny. I can see how changed you are. You even threw your shoes at me this morning" He started brushing my hair after applying some oils to it.

"You ruined my sleep. It is justified" I winced as he pulled my hair. "Could you just be nice with my hair?"

"I am nice, it is your hair that has issues. You have such untamable hair just like your sweet attitude".

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. My hair had always been stubborn. A red hair, long and curly. I  always hated it because it brought me lots of attention and the boys in high school bullied me so much for it. I guess that was why I was been strong-willed and ready to pounce at anyone who so much as crazily looked at me.

"Anyways, what time is this Jimmy guy expecting me?" I started arranging my bed and putting everything back in its place. I might be too much but I took care of my bedroom more than anything. Just a made-clean bed turns me on. Weird right?

"I swear to God Alex, if you lie back in that bed, I am going to throw you over my shoulder and throw you out!" Josh started for me and I shrieked and ran out of the room.

"Now, get out and wait in the car for me. I'll drive you to the office. I need to lock up for you because I don't trust you to do it yourself. You just might go back to bed."

I stamped my feet as I marched out of my own house "Bastardo" I murmured. (Italian for bastard)

"I heard that Alex!" He shouted back at me as I left for his car.

I want to thank you for reading this story. It is going to be intriguing and filled with emotional drama. There will be rapid updates from time to time. Stick with me and you won't be disappointed. I don't speak Italian, and most of the words I use are from Google translate. Kindly correct me when you see a mistake. Please don't forget to vote! Thank you