Second chance

Alex

Josh was cheating in the game of chess we were playing, and to my utter dismay, Bree was encouraging him.

"Josh, you can't keep cheating to win the game"

"Well, I can, and I will". I sighed as I let him do his thing. It's been almost a week since I woke from the coma. They had told me it was touch and go. But I was fully back to them. I looked at Josh and Bree, they've been extremely supportive during this time. I couldn't have asked for more.

Apparently, I was in a mansion. I was told Damon set up a medical floor in the house to take care of me. I no longer get shocked at his actions but I wondered why he did it. He is my boss, yes. We had shared some intimate moments, yes. But we had just known each other. This whole thing was confusing me.

One thing I was really grateful for, is the second chance I have got. There are lots of things I'm yet to do. I'm still young and I'll be damned if I let life just pass me by. I thought about Damon. I need to have a conversation with him, a real conversation. We both need to define whatever this was. It was getting more difficult to not think about him. I'm having this feelings that I can't explain. I knew it was something that I could not ignore, so I have to do something about it.

Just then, Damon walked into the room. He was dressed in his usual suit. I looked into his eyes and couldn't look away. He had this pull on me that made me want to strip him naked and have my way with him. I had not seen him since the week I woke up. He traveled for a business trip and now he is back.

Josh winked at me, he and Bree walked out of the room. Sometimes he is just childish.

Damon came to my bed and sat very close to me. All this time, my eyes were on him and his on me. It was as if we were feeding on each other, like we couldn't pull away from each other.

"Damon" I whispered his name. I didn't remember much when I was unconscious and I felt like something was missing. He completes me but I didn't have a right to say that to him. He wasn't mine.

"I'm glad you are okay Alexandria" He took my hands in his and started drawing circles in my palm. "You will be moved to another room until you fully recover"

"I really don't want to be an inconvenience Damon. I can stay with Josh"

"No. You will stay here. Your room is being prepared as we speak"

"What about work?"

"Don't worry, Bree is holding the position for you. We've employed a temp as the receptionist. Just focus on getting better"

We fell into silence. He bowed his head like he was in a deep thought. I wanted to know what he was thinking. He never really talked much and I would give a million dollars to catch a glimpse of his mind right now.

He continued rubbing circles in my palm. I could feel the shock travel through my body. I had never felt this way for anyone before. This feeling is real but I doubt if it was mutual. I know how much he loves his wife and I couldn't compete with that.

A man walked into the room and whispered into his ears. He nodded and the man walked away.

"Why do you have so many security men working for you?" I asked him. This had astounded me the number of men that are always around him.

"I have told you before Alexandria, I'm a very important man. My life is in constant danger. My success has acquired enemies, enemies who want to see me dead"

"But you are a honest business man Damon, I don't understand"

"As you shouldn't" He sighed. "Aside the chains of hotels belonging to me, I also have casinos in every important states. Some of my companies also dabble in precious stones. These businesses draw in mixed crowd, people whose businesses might not be legitimate, people who are connected to more powerful people. It's a cutthroat business and I need to stay alive"

"Wow, I never knew this"

"This extends to people who are important to me. Their lives are in constant danger as well"

"But I'm not important to you Damon, I'm just your assistant. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother with me. So you don't need to stress your men over me"

He looked at me intensely and pushed some stubborn hair out of my face "Come, I'll carry you to the bedroom"

"No, I can walk on my own" I pushed his hands away.

"Don't fight me on this mia volpe. Now come" He came to my side, lifted my legs and carried me bridal style. I moved my hands around his neck and laid my head on his chest. My heart started racing at our sheer closeness. I was listening to his heartbeat as he carried me to a bedroom. He placed me gently on the bed.

I was suddenly tired. All the activities of the day had probably taken a toll on me. Not that I did much anyway, but I was up longer than necessary. I was still placed on heavy medication which was having it's effect on my body.

I  started feeling sleepy, so I turned and faced away from him.

"resta con me Damon" I said as I welcomed the sleep.

(Stay with me Damon)

I felt the bed dip with his weight. He moved his hand around my waist as he pulled my back to him. He left his hands on me and said the most beautiful thing to me.

"sempre la mia volpe. sempre".

(Always my vixen. Always)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I think it is normal Damon has security men protecting him. Recall that in previous chapters, he insulted some of his men for their laxity in protecting Alex. I don't know if such happens in various organizations but I have witnessed it. Thus, my replication of it in this story.

However, I'm hoping his businesses are dangerous enough to have those security men around him all the time. 

Your thoughts and inputs are welcomed. Kindly vote, comment and follow me.