Dinner (1)

Alex

When I got back to the office, Damon and Jackson had left. Though Damon didn't fail to leave a set of instructions for me. I started drafting a report on the meeting we had earlier this morning. I actually didn't miss much from the meeting. The meeting was postponed shortly after I left. I was almost done with the report when Damon emailed me from wherever he was. 'You will be joining me and others for dinner. Listen to Matt'

What the hell did he mean that I should listen to Matt? I swear Damon is driving me crazy. I quickly finished up the report and tidied up other pending work. I didn't want Damon to be on my ass tomorrow. Just then, Matt came in and I feigned displeasure. Truthfully, the unsmiling guy was beginning to grow on me.

"How can I serve you today Matt?"

"The car is waiting"

"Waiting for what? I don't remember planning for anything"

"This is for you, courtesy of Hills Corporation" He dropped an Amex Black card on the table. My mouth dropped!

"What for?" I looked at the credit card like it had heads.

"For expenses, you will make in the interest of Hills Corporation. Like the one you are about to do now"

"What are you talking about Matt?"

"Mr. Hills has directed that you take that card for shopping, change your wardrobe and get a dress for today's dinner"

I flamed. The nerve of that man! "I will change my wardrobe on my terms! not on his"

"Your clothes are too tight and no longer appropriate for the office. We need the opposite gender to focus on their jobs. Those were all Mr. Hills' words ma'am"

Oh my gosh, oh please, let the earth open up and swallow me. Oh please, open up. I was redder than ever. "He said this to you?"

"Yes ma'am. He also said if you refuse that I should do the needful"

"What is the needful?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Throw you over- "

"That's enough. I get the point. I will take the damn card, and I will also take Bree with me. It's not up for negotiation"

"That's alright by me ma'am. I will be waiting by the car". He left.

And I sat back down to regret my life. What have I done to deserve this? Was he like this with all his employees or just me? I was under so much pressure. Everything was changing so fast in my life. Somewhere within me, I enjoyed the excitement, the rush; but what I didn't enjoy was the attached strings. I needed mia Madre (My mother). I would have to visit them this weekend.

I emailed Bree to let her know we were going shopping. She was excited. I met her at the reception and we both went to the car. Matt was waiting obsequiously by the car and opened it for me to enter. He rounded the car and opened the other door for Bree to enter. She got in and eyed me. Her expression answered my earlier question that this treatment wasn't for all the employees.

They seemed to know where we were going, so I didn't ask. However, Bree and Zach struck up a conversation and kept going at it. I tuned them out and texted Josh about today's event. He was angry of course and then asked for details later tonight. The car stopped and I looked out to see we had stopped in one of the most expensive clothing stores. He was also controlling where to buy the clothes. I hate my life.

We got into the store and I noticed that Matt followed us. Bree continued to eye him. I could see the confusion in her eyes. Just then an older man approached us, followed by a young female assistant.

"Hello miss Simone, Miss Anderson. I am the manager of this store. We have laid out some of the clothes we think you might love. This is Hailey, she will be assisting you in the changing room" I nodded. I didn't even want to worry about how they knew our names. Nothing gets past Mr. Hills, courtesy of his minions.

Bree and I finally went into the changing room. Hailey, the assistant, asked us to strip to our undies. We obeyed, simply because my disapproval would be disregarded anyway. We started changing as Hailey excused us. Bree then asked the question I had been dreading.

"What is going on Alex?" And finally, I broke down and started crying. I decided to spill. I spilled my guts. Every dirty little secret about me and Damon. Not that there was any secret. But everything that had been happening was not normal, so it was a dirty secret. I continued to spill my attraction for him and how I was a dirty little slut according to Mrs. Hills. When I finished, I cleaned my tears like that episode didn't happen. Bree hugged me for a long time and she pulled out of the embrace.

"You are not a slut Alex, trust me. I have been working with Hills Corporations for five years. In those years, I have seen a lot of women, desperate women, come and go. It is normal you have these feelings for him. We are humans, we can't control our feelings. But we can control our actions and that is what you have done this far".

She held both my hands "If there is a slut in this story is Lynette. She is not faithful to her husband. She is cheating on him" To say I was shocked was an understatement.

"Yes, Alex. I caught her in the act at one of the company's hotels. After her rendezvous with the man, one of the security details that are her constant fling went in, and they did the dirty too"

"What?" I was cold. What the fuck am I hearing?.

"It is true Alex. I was dating one of the staff in the hotel at that time. He was in charge of the CCTV. He had noticed the number of guests Lynette received whenever she visited. So out of excitement, the idiot installed a camera in the room. Coincidentally, I was visiting him that day and he called me to see what was going on in the CCTV room. I broke up with him after that. I didn't want to get involved with the whole thing"

"And Damon, he doesn't know?"

"I don't think he does. I don't know really. All I know is that Damon treats her righteously like he is honoring a duty. She manipulates him a lot"

I was beginning to feel a headache. This was just too much to process. Damon may or may not know that his wife was cheating on him? This was all a mess. Way to go Alex. I inwardly pat myself on the back for getting into this mess.

"Well, let's start changing, shall we? Aren't we supposed to shop expensively? Let me call Hailey to assist us in zipping this up"

I moved to open the curtain- "figlio di puttana!" Matt was standing right there with his back to us. Bree joined me and she covered her mouth to block her scream.

(Motherfucker!)

Well, this is quite interesting. Did Matt hear them when they were spilling their guts? Remember Matt tells Damon everything. If he heard, will he tell Damon this dirty little secret? Let's find out by continuing to read other chapters. I'll be dropping a new chapter tomorrow.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. Thanks, everyone. Have a beautiful weekend.