The meet (1)

Alex

I kicked myself out of bed and quickly showered. I had been invited to perform at a fundraiser. I really didn't know the details because I wasn't interested in the first place. Singing had always been a part of me. I loved singing because it took me to a different place I wished to be. There was a whole different world in my head and it was a beautiful escape for me.

Nobody knew I sang except Josh of course. He knew everything about me including my period dates. People mistook us for a couple but we had never crossed that line. We even pecked each other on the lips all the time when we greet. Weird, but it was our thing. He had been there for me through thick and thin. We only had each other here in the United States. We were both of Italian descent and our families remained in Italy.

I put on the dress Josh earlier picked out for me. It was really beautiful. It was a long gold dress with a slit through to the right thigh. It had a low back reaching my waist and the front extended to my neck. I put on my shoes and looked in the mirror. For once, my hair was obeying me and staying in place. I styled it up and allowed a tendril to fall by the side. Josh had always said my neck was beautiful, and more beautiful even when I sing.

I checked the time and went out to meet the driver that had been waiting for me. when I got to the event, I went through the back entrance, and luckily for me, I still had about ten minutes before my cue. I rushed to do my rituals. it calmed me before every performance. I meditated for some minutes and wore my mask. Just then, I heard my stage name being called and I walked to the stage.

The audience was filled with class. The men looked so sophisticated and their women were looking all very beautiful. You could literally smell the opulence here. It could be intimidating sometimes. I picked up the microphone and channeled my mind into the song. I sang like I was living in my song. I sang pouring out my emotions, looking above the crowd and somewhere else in my mind.

I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

When I hit the high note, I didn't know when tears started pouring from my eyes. I could feel it on my face and I knew that I could only be this weak whenever I escaped into my song. Somewhere in my side vision, I saw a man walking up close to the stage, he looked familiar but then, all the men in the event looked familiar with their fancy suits.

I was here, I lived, I loved, I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I wanna leave my mark so everyone will know

I ended the song and realized my chest was heaving from all the emotions and for once, I gave in to them. I started crying and walked away from the stage leaving the audience in an emotional state as well. I could hear clapping but all I just needed at that moment was to be alone. I knew Josh would look for me. He always did.

As I ran towards the dressing room not looking where I was going, I rammed into someone and the person caught me holding me to his chest. So I did the second stupidest thing tonight, I hugged him and started bawling my eyes out.

Dun! Dun! Dun! Are we ready for the meet? This song is by Beyonce and believe me, I cry every time I listen to it. So I felt why not make Alex cry? She is always pretending to be strong. Anyways, the second chapter will continue with the long-awaited meeting. Remember to comment and vote. Don't also forget to draw my attention if you find any mistake.