First Day (1)

Hi lovelies, most of the next chapters will be from Alex's POV. We will get to see the mind of Damon very rarely. But I assure you, nothing will be missed. Enjoy the ride.

Alex

I got into the building and saw the chirpy receptionist. This time, she hugged and kissed me on the cheek. okay? "Here is your staff tag. Welcome to the team Alex!".  She handed me the tag and I nodded. I started walking away but- 'You don't have to be rude, ask for her name. My damn inner self interrupted

I turned back to her "What's your name?"

"Oh, you can call me Bree" She replied expectantly like she had been waiting for that opportunity. "Maybe we could grab lunch later today?" She added hopefully.

"Uh- sure"

"Great! I'll email you during lunch break. Now go, Jimmy is waiting for you on the tenth floor to run you through your duties for the boss"

"Thanks, Bree". I walked to the elevator and got out to the tenth floor where I saw Jimmy dutifully waiting for me.

"Hello Alex, nice to meet you again" I nodded

"Sorry about the other time. It was coming from a good place. We just wanted to help".

"No slight Jimmy".  I waved it off carelessly.

"Here is your job description". He handed me a pamphlet, "Everything you need to know is contained in there. You will also plan and prepare office events like meetings, conferences, and some promotional activities that we do from time to time".

We walked towards my office which was very close to Mr. Hills'. I could tell because it was the only office with extra executive attention to it.

"What is he like, Mr. Hills?"

"Like every other boss but more brooding, detached, and sometimes arrogant".

"Perfect" I sneered

"He is a good guy Alex. Come let me show you around"

I followed him as he took me to greet the rest of the staff on the other floors. Everyone was dressed very pristine and classy. Josh was right. I needed to change my wardrobe. I wasn't dressed entirely bad; a knee-length skirt with a tailored button-down shirt. Form-fitting but not too tight just enough to show off my figure. Josh always said everything I wore fitted me. Where I lacked good manners, I made up for it with my looks. I was quite curvy in the right area but I had a large bosom. That was probably my most embarrassing attribute. I left my hair loose and curly. It was a stubborn mane anyway.

Jimmy took me to the break room on my floor and I pumped myself with coffee. Truth be told, I was buying time before seeing Mr. Hills. Jimmy noticed this and cleared his throat.

"It is time Alex. You have to get it over with. Besides, I have some work to do. I need to get back".

"Sure, thanks Jimmy" He left, and I braced myself as I walked to Mr. Hills' office. I knocked very softly and waited. I should applaud myself for my patience. I heard a gruff enter and I walked in.

I looked at the man sitting behind the table. This didn't look like an old man. For unknown reasons, I was expecting Mr. Hills to be an old man. I was not prepared for what was in front of me. His head was down so I couldn't see his eyes. He had alluring wavy hair and it was as black as the purest of velvety nights.

His shoulders were broad and his body was built sturdy. As he wrote something down, I could see the veins in his hands working. His suit was perfect. Even though his body wasn't straight, the line in his suit appeared to be. The perfectly shaped white triangle of his dress shirt hung loosely around his throat. While I couldn't see his eyes, I could see the square jawline, rugged and pricked with a five o'clock shade. There was an indent on his chin that was simply cute.

He didn't say anything, didn't look up, merely just continued what he was doing.

"Good morning. I am Alexandria Simone, your new assistant". I fidgeted and waited for him to acknowledge me. After a while, his hand stopped moving and he dropped his pen. He looked up very slowly like time belonged to him.

He had deep blue eyes with surprisingly long lashes. His stone-cold gaze was dangerous and mixed with a touch of mystery. His beauty was terrifying.

Wait, hold on a fucking second! I stopped thinking about his beauty, and really looked at him

"Oh Mio Dio", I whimpered.

(Oh my God)

The son of a bitch actually smiled. His smile was sardonic.

"Alexandria". He drawled my name and leaned back on his seat. He called my name like he was tasting it, and damn, It made me hot down there.

"Isn't this interesting?" He drawled lazily and I started chewing my lip to refrain from saying something disastrous.

"What was the word you used again? Damn you, and Damn Josh". He smiled and I winced, remembering the day I had crashed into a stranger, and I did what I did best; speak my bloody mind.

I rushed to the front of his desk to grovel and apologize for my behavior "I'm so sorry Mr. Hills. You caught me on a bad day. It wasn't my plan to be out that day but Josh dragged me out of the bed and forced me to come here. I wasn't thinking, or maybe I was-" I realized I was rambling so I decided to stop, but my hand hit his coffee that was sitting quietly on his table. The coffee spilled on his desk and traveled to the great beyond on his trouser.

"Maledetta la mia goffaggine" I cussed, as I ran to him, picked up paper towels from the table, and started fussing about him. I unconsciously knelt in front of him to start cleaning the front of his trouser.

(Damn my clumsiness)

"Uh, That's not necessary Alexandria". He made to get up but I pushed him back down

"per favore siediti. I tuoi vestiti devono essere molto costosi. Devo pulire le macchie"

(please sit down. Your clothes must be very expensive. I need to clean the stain)

"Take your filthy hands away from my husband!"

I tried to turn to see who screamed like a banshee. But things didn't happen easily with me. In my shock, I hit my head from under the table and fell on Mr. Hills, who also fell backward with his chair...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies, Things are becoming more interesting. Kindly draw my attention to any mistake.

Vote, comment, and follow!

Thanks