Do it right

This next chapter will be on Lynette's POV. Let's catch a glimpse of Lynette to know her better. Her character is very important in this story because she brings in some tension.

Lynette

"The senator will see you now" The secretary told me. 

She could do better. I had been waiting here for long. That shouldn't happen. I was supposed to come in and go anytime I liked. This was just a disrespect to my person. "See that you don't keep me waiting like this next time" 

I walked past her and entered into the Senator's office. The office had expensive taste. The painting hung on the wall could buy a city. He had always spent expensively, but of course, it couldn't be from the money he was earning as a Senator.

"Baby" He opened his arms for an embrace.

"Hello, daddy" I hugged him back. He was the only one I had left in this world. He has had my back since I was a child. I was his baby. I paced the office, looking around to distract myself.

"What brings you here today? What have you done?"

"Nothing" I said too quickly.

"Why don't I believe that?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "What have you done Lynette?" He never called me Lynette. The only time he did was to reprimand me, and this was good a time to do so.

"It's Damon dad. I think he is cheating on me, or might be cheating on me. I don't know dad" He said nothing but continued to watch me.

"This new girl, his assistant. He likes her. I have seen them together. The way he looks at her. He has never looked at me that way before. He likes her dad"

"So what do you want?"

"I want it to stop. I want it stopped" I said very firmly. I was getting angry again. The thought of Damon and that girl together was driving me crazy. I wont let any bitch take Damon away from me. He is my trophy and my trophy stays with me.

"Have you thought about actually closing your legs and being faithful to your husband if you want it stopped?" He fired back at me. I knew, he knew. There was nothing he didn't know. I kept quiet because I had no answer to that question. What could I have said? That I didn't want to be tied down? That I enjoyed multiple sexual partners? or that I didn't love Damon? Regardless, I couldn't leave him alone. He was my trophy.

He leaned his back on his seat and crossed his legs "So tell me what you did"

"I did what I had to do"

"Which was?"

"I attempted to end her life" He kept quiet for a long time. I was nervous all of a sudden. I didn't want to be scolded.

"And?"

"She survived" I whispered, too ashamed to even look at his eyes.

"Pathetic!" He scolded.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really my daughter. Have I not taught you well? You have all the  resources at your disposal! So what seems to be the problem?"

"I'm sorry daddy"

"If you have to do something, do it right!"

"I'm sorry daddy"

"What method?"

"Explosion" It was too sudden. There was no time time to really prepare. The bitch had been indoor all day with her friends. I was surprised to get a call that they left and I decided to use that window. It would have worked too if only that damn doorman wasn't being a gentleman. Now he paid the price with his life.

"I need your help daddy. Get rid of her for me. I want her gone!"

"She won't go anywhere baby, at least not now" He told me as he resumed his work.

"But dad-"

"That's final! You did a sloppy work. You wanted her dead, you should have ensured that.  You have to let things cool down before you strike again"

"Okay daddy"

"And please, refrain from using such methods." 

"I was desperate. I needed to do something, I was losing him"

"You were losing him because you have refused to be a wife. Whoring yourself to every man you come in contact with. Have some self respect Lynette. Don't be like your slut of a mother!"

"She's dead dad. No need to call her a slut anymore" He was beginning to get on my nerves. My mother was a good woman. He changed her. She needed his attention but he was always never around.

"She is dead. It doesn't change the fact she was a fucking slut! There was no one she didn't sleep with, including members of my cabinet"

"You caused it dad. You were always never around"

"Damon is always around. What is your excuse for being a whore?" I recoiled at his insult. This was why I hated coming here. He didn't hesitate to call me out anytime I did something wrong, but he always got my back.

"You didn't have to throw it to my face dad. I know I am not an exemplary daughter but I am your daughter anyway. Deal with it!" I got up dramatically and walked out. The moment I closed the door, I saw my dad's assistant and I walked back to his office.

"By the way, I am fucking your assistant too! Add that to the list of my offences" I left him gaping at me as I walked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is not very lengthy. The Senator does not really support his daughter's lifestyle but he has always spoilt her. He is always there to get her out of every mess she finds herself. Their relationship is rocky but he supports her.

Your votes and comments are welcomed. Thank you