Worst fear

It had been two weeks since Damon told me that I was in danger. I was actually listening to him this time around because I believed him when he told me that the Senator was planning something against me.

Damon said he was handling it, but he was worried, there was a mole amongst his men, and that problem had been keeping him late out at night.

Sometimes, he came back home with bruises, and other times, he was flat-out drunk. On both occasions, I got to enjoy a different side of Damon in bed. Maybe this lifestyle was changing me, who cares? I was living the best of my life.

Today was the eve of our departure back to the United States, he said his business here was done. I had begged Damon to allow me to look for a job because I needed to do something with my life, and he promised we would discuss it after this whole mess was over.

He made dinner plans for us tonight. I was excited about it because it had been so long since we went out. The whole threat to my life took some of our happiness away.

I was wearing one of the dresses, Damon bought. Nothing elaborate, but enough space for him to sneak his hands, and touch me wherever he wanted. He observed that he loved my new look, that it was good I was adding some flesh, and that he needed to spoil me more.

Nothing I ever said made him stop showering me with wealth, so I gave up. It was Damon, no one could really change his mind.

In the middle of all these things, I had been keeping a secret from Damon, and I planned to tell him today. At first, I suspected nothing until the weight gain, the cravings, and then the morning sickness. I took a home test, and it was positive.

I had been torn on whether to tell him or not. It took me days to decide to tell him, and I chose today.

We went in one of the luxurious cars Damon had. I had lost count of how many, so I paid no mind to the one we were using at the moment. On the ride to the restaurant, I was full of nerves. I asked myself the best way to drop the bomb on Damon, would he be mad? Or would he accept it? I just didn't know. The fear was gnawing at me.

There was also the fear that he would reject it, and I would be left to raise the baby alone. This was my worst fear since I love to have a big happy family. I had also resolved that I would travel back to Italy to raise the baby if Damon rejected it. Madre would be happy to receive me anytime, and I would learn to move on someday. I just hoped it didn't come to that. Damon didn't look to be the irresponsible type, so I believed he would make this work.

We got there in one piece, seeing that Damon had detailed three other cars as security. I felt it was too much, but I didn't dare mention it. There were a lot of things I let slide these days because I had lost the will to fight Damon. Was I losing myself because of the love I have for him? This was a question that had kept me up at night most times.

What was the point of loving each other if I couldn't be myself around him? If I couldn't make my own decision and he would trust me on it? What was the point then?

We found our table and took our seats. Damon helped me out of my coat and went to hang it himself. I raised my eyebrows at this. This was too extra, even for Damon. The food and wine arrived, but I sent back the wine, requesting some juice instead. Damon eyed me and asked if I was all right. He knew I never said no to wine, so this must have come as a surprise to him.

We ate quietly when suddenly I felt a buzzing on our table. I looked at Damon, who had stopped mid-meal with an unreadable expression. The buzz continued and I thought it was coming from his phone. It wasn't.

Damon looked around the restaurant, which I did too. There were few patrons, just scanty but then, I also recognized some of Damon's men scattered about. Was that necessary?

The buzz continued, "Where is that buzzing sound coming from?" I said to him, but Damon kept mute and leaned on his seat.

"Well, if you don't want to reply me, find out and have it removed. I need to use the bathroom." I made to get up, but Damon held me down.

"We need to leave Alexandria, you can use the bathroom when we get home."

"Damon, I don't know what's up your ass, but I really need to use the bathroom." I couldn't explain to him that I peed frequently now, thanks to the fetus in my womb.

I got up again, and he got up with me, "Come, I'll take you to the bathroom."

"Absolutely, not. Your paranoia is making you crazy. I am going to that bathroom alone." I couldn't let him go in there with me. Damon was an intuitive man, he might pick up on my secret, and that would lead to another fight. I wanted to be the one to tell him, on my terms.

"At least, let him take you there." He pointed to one of the goons standing beside our table. I had only seen him a few times. He must be one of the new guys Damon brought in.

"He would wait for you at the door, he doesn't need to go in there with you."

"Fine."

I strode past him, with the new guy following behind. I entered one of the stalls to do my business. When I came out, I decided to adjust my makeup, when suddenly the goon that escorted me, entered the bathroom.

"Um, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to stay outside the door."

"I'm so sorry miss." He looked sorry and guilty.

"Sorry for-" My word got caught off when he brought out a gun and hit my head with the butt.

My eyes closed on their own accord as I fell unconsciously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, our girl is pregnant, and she has found herself in a bit of trouble.

Anyways, vote and comment if you want our dearest Alex to get out of this problem unscathed.