Stolen affection

The bed was empty when I woke up. A sliver of sunray seeped through the curtains giving the room a bright sunny color. The gentle breeze from the window billowed through the white curtains which danced rhythmically just like the way my heart was dancing at the moment.

I looked to the other side of the bed and found it empty. Damon must have gone out to whatever brought him to Paris in the first place, he never told me.

The sun only meant it was late in the afternoon, meaning we had spent all night, and most of the morning, knowing each other's bodies. My lady parts ached from all the exercises it had engaged in.

Walking through the bathroom proved difficult because the soreness between my legs left me wobbly. I managed to run a bath, soaked myself in the water, and remained there for a good amount of time.

There were thoughts in my head, thoughts about Damon. Thoughts about why he cried in my arms. I had asked him in between our bout of passion but he gave me no reply, typical Damon. My heart ached for him, he was never one who showed his emotion, meaning it was a great deal of trust he had for me to expose himself that way to me.

My passion-filled mind came back to reality, thinking about what all this meant. He never mentioned his wife throughout yesterday, but we both knew the big elephant was in the room. We danced around it, but we knew eventually, we'd need to address it.

Though my mind was telling me Damon knew of his wife's indiscretion if he did, why was he still with her? The confusion was causing me a headache. Was the Senator threatening him as he did me? I doubted that. Damon didn't seem like a man to be threatened. 

My thoughts stopped running when I felt the water getting cold in the tub. I got up and toweled myself. Feeling naughty, I wore Damon's shirt from the closet. It smelled of him, and the feel of his shirt on my skin put a smile on my face. 

I looked around the room out of boredom, there was nothing else to do. I would have loved a tour of the house, but I didn't want to go alone. So I laid back in bed, the tiredness must have seeped to my bones because the next time I opened my eyes, Damon was kissing my neck.

I smiled as I turned to face him, "What time is it?"

"Seven-thirty. Come on, I'm taking you out. Put on  this dress."

I pushed the dress aside, and pulled him to me, "Why don't we stay in? I'd rather spend this moment indoors with you."

He let himself fall to me, and he allowed me to play with his body, though still cladded in his suit, minus the jacket.

"We have the rest of our lives to stay indoors, Mia Volpe. But we've only got this moment now."

My head reeled.  What was that? Was that supposed to be a hint? I paid no mind to the butterfly kisses he poured on my skin. Though they were tingling and sensual, my brain was more focused on his last statement.

The rest of our lives...The simple five words were still buzzing in my head even as we got into the car. Damon had insisted that we go out and dressed me up in a flimsy black dress that was above my knee. He had fussed and became angry over the tattoo of Josh's initial on my thigh.

Now, he wasn't speaking to me. His face looked angry, and the tenseness of his jaw showed he was containing his anger by grinding his teeth. What was his deal? I swear sometimes, I just think he had multiple personalities.

The soundproof partition in the car rolled down, and Matt, who was sitting at the front, gave Damon his phone which was ringing.

"Let it go to voicemail," Damon said, not taking the phone from Matt's outstretched hand.