Green-eyed monster

I was fuming!

What did he think? That I was going to let him dictate my life? My body? My body, my rules. I could tattoo the universe on me, and it wouldn't still be his bloody business!

Those were my thoughts until Damon and his minions led me to the tattoo parlor, and out of embarrassment, I allowed the Rosy lady to turn Josh's J into an italic D, which represented Damon.

My embarrassment tripled when I saw Damon and the lady conversing like they were old lovers. Her hands didn't leave his chest, and she kissed him right on his lips before we left her parlor. I was livid, I was green, but most of all, I was mad at myself for being vulnerable to Damon.

Damon had asked Matt to take me home, while he went to wherever because he was angry. He had said he couldn't look at me for putting up so much fight just to replace a tattoo, claiming that I had feelings for Josh.

What a load of bullshit!

I tricked Matt that I wanted to use the bathroom at a departmental store. He had parked at the parking lot, while I went through the store to the back, and escaped to my freedom.

So here I was, at a bar, drinking my life away, and regretting why I wasn't a normal girl who was dating a normal college boy.

"Is this seat taken?"

A voice spoke beside me probably referring to the empty seat by my right.

Without looking, I rebuffed, "Go away, I'm a serial killer."

The voice chuckled, "Typical of you to show your murderous side, Alex."

I looked at him, and screamed, "Josh! Oh my God, I missed you. What are you doing here?"

I hugged him and remained in his embrace. He was what I needed right now.

"I came for you. I know Damon must have been driving you crazy."

"You knew where I was?" I looked at him incredulously.

He smiled, "I may be Josh to you, but you forget I'm the useless son to a millionaire, and I have resources at my disposal if I so wish."

"The men in my life" I shook my head in pity and gulped another glass of what the barman concocted for me.

"So why are you drinking yourself to death?" He signalled to the barman to bring him a drink.

"Damon, but I don't want to talk about it."

"Then, let's make a toast. Here is, to the things we don't want to talk about. Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

Our glasses clinked, as we continued to take shot after shot. We talked about our families, we talked about Vincente whose ring was still somewhere in my bag, and we talked about everything but Damon. And when we were completely wasted, Josh offered to take me home.

Home, where Damon was? I refused, and he offered to take me to his hotel. Wobbling in his arms, he paid the bills after noticing I came to the bar with nothing. He hailed a taxi, and we both made it to his hotel room in one piece.

His bed looked enticing the minute I walked in, so I jumped on it, relaxing my wasted body. Josh also lay in the bed, we both faced up and fell into a comfortable silence.

"You know he loves you?" Josh said, not looking at me.

"It doesn't matter if he remains married."

"I know."

After a while, I rolled on top of him, and put my head on his chest. I was still conscious of my inebriated state.

"He is a controlling maniac Josh."