The meet (2)

Damon

Lynette and I walked into the event arm in arm. The total of what she was wearing tonight couldn't be imagined but they made her look beautiful. Today had to be perfect because this event was in honor of my mother. I quickly derailed my train of thought. I didn't like thinking about her because it made me sad.

We found our table and joined the activities of the day. Lynette pulled her hand from me and started scrolling through her phone which was the only thing she did whenever we were together.

I sometimes wondered if she truly loved me. She claimed she did, but I didn't feel loved by her. The only thing that truly made her happy is money and luxuries. I was appalled to see her total disrespect for today. The least she could do was to be there for me but I should know better. Lynette had always been selfish and lacked empathy for people.

I stopped my musings after feeling Lynette's hands on me again. I looked at her face and saw her looking at the stage scowling. I looked up at the stage to see what could have drawn her attention.

Right there on the stage was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She was an angel. She picked up the microphone and started singing. And I got hit right in the heart. I could feel my blood rush to my ears as I was enthralled by this angel.

My heart was beating so fast that I didn't realize I stood to watch her. Somewhere in my mind, I could feel Lynette tugging my hand and hissing for me to sit down. But I was so carried away by this angel and her song.

She sang about leaving her footprints in the sand of time, knowing that there was something that she left behind. Her lyrics hit me like a lightning bolt because I could feel my loss. I could feel mother hugging me so tightly as her soul left her body.

This angel did not only bring my mother's memories to me, but she also gave me the best gift anyone could ever think of, mother is always with me.

I continued to watch her and for a second, I thought those were tears right below the mask. Was she crying? Perhaps, she was feeling the way I felt right now. I couldn't take my eyes away from her. She was an enigma, and I was smitten.

A feeling started nagging me about the lady yesterday. They looked so alike. Same hair color. I am as enchanted as I was yesterday. Maybe more this time.

The song ended and I saw her lower the microphone. My God, she was crying! I've got to go to her. I've got to see her, to know her.

She hurriedly walked out of the stage and I turned to see the crowd giving her a standing ovation. Lynette stood awkwardly to clap. That must have been a chore. Lynette hated it when she didn't get any attention. 

I made to go to the entrance leading to the back room, but Lynette blocked my path.

"Damon, why do you enjoy embarrassing me?" She hissed into my ears and scratched me with her nails. I ignored the pain, I had endured worse from her.

"How could you just walk away from our seats to look at that pathetic thing!" She continued, scowling even more.

"Not now Lynette,  I need to check on the staff in the back room to ensure everything is as it should be" I held her arms and guided her back to our seats. I kissed her forehead to calm her down.

I walked briskly to the back room only to be hit by my very own angel who was about to fall. I caught her effortlessly and to my utter surprise, she started crying loudly.

"Shhh, it's going to be alright angel. Don't cry" 

I held her in my arms and spoke softly to her. She hugged me very tightly like she needed to let out her emotions. And I let her have it. Hell, I could give her the world if she asked for it.

She filled my senses with her scent. Her perfect body fit perfectly with mine. I knew I shouldn't be having these thoughts but I was powerless, powerless to the pull she had on me. Her hair was soft as I ran my hand through it. She smelled divine. I didn't want to let her go, I wanted her to remain in my arms because she felt like home.

"che diavolo sta succedendo qui?"

(What the hell is going on here?)

I heard an annoying voice behind me, my angel looked up at the man and ran to hug him. I watched as he lifted her and she wrapped her legs around his waist. The stranger glared at me and carried her away.

I was dumbstruck, angry, and bitter at the guy. Is he her boyfriend? My anger was so evident on my face even at the time Lynette found me.

"There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. Can we just go home?" She pulled my hand.

"No Lynette,  we can't go home now. We are the host and we have to stay to bid everyone farewell"

"Fine! I'll leave. I'm bored anyway. That awful singer spoilt my night" She removed her hands from mine and started walking away.

"Oh, don't bother with the security details,  they can wait with you. I'll just have my driver drop me off. It's not like I'm special to you" She turned and walked away.

I sighed and asked myself what the hell just happened. One thing I knew for sure was that I needed to find my angel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really love this chapter. I hope I did justice to it. Let me know your thoughts about it. Kindly vote and comment. Once again, Italian is not my language, I only use Google translate. Kindly correct me when you find a mistake. Keep your fingers crossed for more updates.