The pact

Alex

My head felt heavy, I tried to lift it, but it wouldn't move, or was that just the pain? I was befuddled with pain, dark circles formed in the darkness of my closed eyes.

Putting extra effort, I lifted my head again from the position it was, the grogginess was still there but I was able to raise the head.

When I tried to move, I noticed that I couldn't. My hands were tied behind my back, while my legs were tied separately to both legs of the chair. Panic coursed through me as I looked around the room. It was empty and dirty, and the fluorescent light was flickering.

I tried to wriggle the rope, but it was too tight. Fear gripped me. I didn't know what they wanted from me. Better still, I didn't know who kidnapped me, though my bet was on the senator and his minions.

A clanking sound drew my attention to the door. Lynette walked through followed by two goons who would rather murder me than bother to be here.

There were tears in her eyes and her face was twisted in an ugly way. She dashed to me and hit me in the face. I dreaded that the imprint of her fingers would make a fine map on my face.

"You bitch! You dirty slut! This is all your fault!"

She came at me once more, hitting me in my gut. I jolted in pain, there was no need to try to be strong, I doubled as the pain in my head increased.

Oh God, the pain.

"You came into my home and stole from me! You stole my husband! You blindsided him and you ruined my home! You will pay!"

My face contorted in fear and pain. I was scared, really scared. If it were just me, I'd face Lynette squarely. But there was me, and then there was the life growing inside me. I needed to think about how to save my life so that it can live.

"Lynette" I groaned; my voice was unrecognizable.

"How dare you mention my name? You filthy whore! Damon is mine and if it means killing you to get out of my way, I'd gladly do it." She stepped back, and I took a breather. It was a little reprieve. Her next statement made me curl inwardly.

"Make it hurt." She said to the two goons.

The remaining color in my face drained, and I doubled over hiding my stomach from whatever torture was coming my way. I didn't see it coming, the kick hit me in the face, and I fell into the chair. I folded my body as I prepared for more blows. It came as kicks, and I thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad.

"Enough!"

The voice belonged to a man. I was grateful.

"Go back to the hotel, now!"

"But dad-"

"Now Lynette!"

Her footsteps retreated from the room.

"Bring her."

Hands lifted and dragged me across the floor to another room. My face was down, so I could only see shoes as they dropped me on the floor. I couldn't feel my body, just pains.

Then I heard him.

It was a plea, a cry, and a warning all in one word.

"Alexandria,"

I looked up despite the pain. I would walk through hell whenever I heard that voice. It belonged to the love of my life.

"Damon!" Probably the last strength I had, but I pushed to run to him, only to be kicked down. I howled! The pain was too much.

"Davis!" Damon yelled. My brain processed that Damon never yelled. It was a rarity. He was bound to a chair, and blood seeped from his shirt. I hurt just by seeing him hurt.

"You are pathetic, you know that?" I watched as the senator goaded Damon, "You are willing to go through all this, just for one girl. I could blow her brains out right here right now."

"Fuck you, Davis!"

"Or I could just ask my men to have fun with her."

I shivered at this statement. I'd rather die than let some bastards rape me.

"Per favore," Damon's voice was shaky.

The senator laughed, probably at a personal sick joke, "You disgust me, Damon. I thought very highly of you. A man who knows that family matters more than anything. You let yourself be snared into the arms of a young girl, and now she is going to be your ruin."

Dread filled me as I watched him pointing the gun at Damon, "I could finally be done with you once and for all. I could just waste the family since you are the only living breathing Hills alive."

"P-please senator, you don't have to do this. Please, I'll do anything you ask of me. Anything. Just don't kill him." I begged him.

"Alexandria, stop."

"Why should I trust you?" The senator ignored Damon, and faced me, "We had an agreement, and you broke it. Why should I trust you now?"

"B-because everything has changed. Everything. Just give me one more chance please, but don't kill him please."

"Damon, you hear that? She is begging for your life. What is to stop me from putting a bullet in her head? I can do it, she is insignificant. My daughter has done it once, sadly her plan to kill her failed."

I was shocked and in my pain, looked at Damon whose eyes were already on me. His eyes held pain, not from his injuries obviously, but from mine.

"Take her out of here. I'll decide what to do later, kill her or give her to my men? Both plans please me."

"Davis, per favore"

"I said take her out of here!" The men dragged me out of the room. I screamed and kicked, begging for Damon's life, begging for him to be spared that I would do anything the senator said.

My cries died down when I noticed I had been dragged outside the warehouse. A car was parked in front, and the silhouette of the man standing in front of the car, made my heart skip.

The men pulled me forward to the man waiting in front of the car.

"The senator has said you should keep the end of your bargain, or the deal is off. Take her, she's all yours." They pushed me towards the man and walked away.

"Josh," His name came out croaked, but I went to him and fell on his body. He held me easily, whispering to me.

"It's okay now baby. It's over. Everything is going to be fine now, I promise. I will take care of you."

"He is going to kill Damon," I cried to him.

"He won't. Damon is his son-in-law. He needs Damon alive. But don't worry about him anymore. It's just the two of us now. Come, let me take you away."

I felt Josh help me into the car, he joined me in the back seat and held me close. We remained quiet while I fought all the crazy thoughts in my mind. I was also falling into unconsciousness but before it claimed me, I saw a milepost with '800m Airport' written on it. My eyes finally drifted close and embraced the darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, what are your thoughts about this chapter?

I think Alex should just move on. The drama is too much.