Always and Forever

"Jesus, please get it off me. I can't. Please, I can't."

"Excuse me! You can't what?" Bree asked her.

"I can't wear this. Why has it suddenly become so tight?" Alex fussed over the dress.

"Alex, this is your wedding dress. You fitted it continuously for the past two weeks. It's not possible that it has become tight."

"Then I have added more weight. Oh my God, I'm fat again." She dramatically twirled around and fussed with her dress.

"If you added weight, then it's only the baby's weight. That's a good thing, Alex." Bree tried to cheer her up.

"No, get it off me! Get it off me right now Bree! I'm fat. I'm fat, oh my God!"

"Alex, get a grip. You will be walking down the aisle to the love of your life in thirty minutes! Now is not the time to worry about your weight. Look at you," Bree gestured towards her dress. "you look beautiful. You're a princess getting married to your Prince charming. To the father of your son. You've wanted this, remember? You've waited for this day, anticipated it even. This is the day your dream comes through. It's today."

She pulled Alex to her, "Damon is your world. You're his everything. And he'll be waiting for you at the end of the aisle. This is your moment Alex, the moment you've been waiting for."

Alex teared up. She knew Bree was right. This was her moment. She was finally going to marry the father of her children, she touched her stomach. She was four months along, the bump was just starting to show.

This was supposed to be her happiest day. Then why did she feel empty? alone? Why did it not feel complete. Why?

Alex sat on the bed and removed the pins holding her hair, "Bree, I won't get married."

"What?" Bree became alarmed. "What do you mean by that? Alex, we're to be down there now."

Alex did not reply.

"Alex! Come on, please tell me this is not cold feet."

Alex ignored her and continued looking into space.

A knock on the door sprang Bree into action. She quickly went to open the door, it was Alex's mother.

"What is going on? The guests are becoming impatient. "

"Thank God, you're here. Please talk to her, she might listen to you."

"Listen to me?" She directed at Bree, with confusion evident on her face. Bree shrugged.

"Bambino?" Alex's mother walked up to her and sat beside her.

"Are you okay? Is it the baby?" She asked Alex.

"He's not here, Madre." The tears flowed now.

"Who? I told you that your Padre will be watching it live. You know he has a phobia of leaving the house. He loves you, child."

"I'm not talking about dad. Where's Josh? He's supposed to be here. He's supposed to walk me down the aisle. He's my best friend, where the hell is he?" Her voice croaked from shouting and crying.

"Where is he, Bree?" Mrs. Simone asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. He didn't reply any of our letters. Phil doesn't even know where he is."

"Bambino, you know he loves you. But if he doesn't come, maybe the letters didn't get to him."

"It did, Madre. The letters were sent to the same address that sent Enzo's gift. So he got them. He just didn't want to come. And I'm not walking down the aisle without him." She said with finality.