Knowing eyes

Alex

"My boss would like to have a word with you" He said.

I exhaled. It was Damon after all. He did this all the time especially to drive me to the edge. I will give him a piece of mind and be done with him once and for all. So I entered the car.

"Hello Miss Simone" I paled when I looked at him.

"Were you expecting someone else?" He said, and I ignored him. He smiled, it didn't reach his eyes. 

"Champaign?" He offered, I ignored him again.

"I must apologize for the way my men approached you. I must teach them manners" He sat cross legged void of any emotions.

I nodded and knew for certain I had never met this man before. I would have remembered. It was the eyes, the cold black eyes with layers of black wrinkles around them. Great eyes. Unforgettable eyes. His hair was white and thin on top with thickets around the ears, and the whiteness contrasted sharply with the rest of his face. When he spoke, the eyes narrowed and the black pupils glowed fiercely. Sinister eyes. Knowing eyes.

"Who are you?" He didn't respond for a while, but he continued to sip his drink. I was seething inside. I was also scared. What business could I have with a United States senator. Yes, I knew him. I had seen him on television several times with his shitty bills. He and a very few congressmen never got my vote and it remained that way. The man was full of shit and we ran in different circle. What could he want with me?

He continued ignoring me. "Who are you and what do you want with me?"

"I think you already know who I am. Quit the pretense. As for what I want with you, you will know soon"

"Let me out of the car this instant! Last I checked, kidnapping is still a crime"

He chuckled. He actually chuckled. "This is not a kidnapping child. If I wanted to kidnap you, I'd go about it in a different way. You won't even be conscious"

His statement made me shiver. I came to the conclusion that I was in the presence of a bad man. An evil man. I thought of a way to to get out of the situation, and I remembered I left my phone in Josh's condo. This realization made me more scared. I was all alone and nobody knew where I was. I felt cold. The trepidation left me feeling sick.

"Where are you taking me?" I managed to keep my voice calm.

"Somewhere quiet. Somewhere nobody will disturb us. Somewhere you can think before replying me"

I became so scared. This man could hurt me and nobody would know a thing. I looked out the car window and saw that we had driven out of town. There were no buildings or persons in sight. Just the dirt road and us. He saw the fear in my eyes.

"Don't worry, you will be unhurt. For now at least" Did he just threaten me? I folded my arms and looked out the window. My mind was far away. If ever I got out of this unscathed, I'd leave here and go back to my parent's house. I am exhausted. I can't do this anymore.

The car stopped in a dirt road. There were farms around it. To be precise, there was no living soul in sight. The place was a dead end.

"Can you stop this charade and tell me what you want with me!" I snapped at him.

He smiled, "I can see why he is besotted with you"

I was taken aback "Who?"

"Who else are you a mistress to? Are there others?" 

"How dare you imply that of me? What's your problem with me?"

"My problem is that you are giving my daughter sleepless night. You are making her lash out, doing things she shouldn't be doing"

"What the hell are you blabbing about?" He was confusing me.

"What I'm blabbing about is for you to cut off all ties with my son in-law. You are hurting them. You are hurting their marriage"

"What has that got to do with you?"

"Believe it or not, I'm helping you. I can't control what my daughter can do. And about Damon, leave him alone for your peace of mind. He loves his wife. He would never divorce her for you. They have an unbreakable bond. You might be a fling, but trust me, he will never leave his wife for you"

Every of his statement twisted my gut deeper. Somehow I believed him. Damon loved his wife. He had told me that several times both in his actions and his words. What was I doing, hoping that I would have him, that he would choose me? We could never happen. I knew that now. Lynette's  hold on him couldn't be rivaled. So I nodded my head, making him know that I understood.

"Champaign?" He offered again, but this time, I accepted. He nodded to our unspoken agreement. The agreement was for me to move on and never to bother his daughter and his son in-law ever again. The agreement was that if I breached it, then his unspoken threats would be carried out. Though this agreement was never said, but I understood.

"So, how is the weather?"

"Too warm for me" I replied him. We continued to talk more about the weather as if he didn't just kidnap and threaten me. He asked the driver to start the car, and we headed back.

It was late in the evening when we got back to the street his goons had accosted me. Most of the bars were just opening because people now had time to unwind. It was evening after all.

Looking around, I observed that the world kept moving. Nobody noticed my absence. Nobody noticed I had been kidnapped. If I were in serious danger, I'd probably have been hurt before people noticed my absence.

My attention went back to the Senator, and I realised that I was in the presence of a powerful dangerous man whose daughter hated my guts, and who was ready to hurt anyone who hurt his daughter.

"I like you miss Simone. I would hate for anything to happen to you" I nodded and stepped out of the car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen! I love this chapter so much. Ask me why?

Well, the description of the Senator's eyes was gotten from my all favorite author of The Firm, John Grisham. John is a legend and I'd say that I have read all his books. He is a great man.

Anyways, tell me if you enjoyed this chapter as well.

Kindly vote and comment. I'd appreciate your support. Thank you