Chapter 5: Wither and Bloom

ARTHUR LEYWIN

The air here feels refreshing. I feel a lot better knowing that my family and all of those from Sanctuary are safe in an aether-user exclusive safe zone. Now though, It's time to keep Cecilia close and see if I can make her believe me. We've got to get a move on through the Relictombs because I'm not completely confident that I could take Cecilia in a fight should she manage to get out of her core restrictor. It's still up in the air of what she can do with all that "Legacy" power.

'Stop worrying, princess. It's not that deep. She seems to be coming around given that she hasn't tried to kill you in your sleep this past week.' Regis comments. 

'Well thanks for the well wishes, but I have to be realistic.'

'No, Arthur, you're being paranoid. For fuck's sake, you have a plan on how to kill everyone you've ever gotten close to should they betray you. Dare I say that that's not healthy relationship building skills,' he replies. 

'Yeah, yeah, Oh Mighty Asuran Weapon. My paranoia has kept me alive so far.'

"But no one you truly cared about betrayed you. You never liked Lucas ever since the little shit went haywire at his rank assessment. You also had an off feeling about Kai whenever he met you at the door to your first DC meeting. Have you considered that maybe you're a decent judge of character and maybe you can rely on that?' Regis says, cutting off out mental link.

"No, Regis, I haven't considered that. Mostly because I don't really believe it." I mutter.

"What was that?" Cecilia asks. 

I was hoping she didn't hear that. 

"Nothing really, Cecil. Just talking to myself." I reply and clear my throat. "So what do you think of that? Make any sense to you?" I ask, gesturing to the structure before us. 

"No more than you, Mr. Aether Wielder." she replies.

I let out an exasperated sigh.

After we entered this room, I had us follow the aetheric pathways. Well, thinking about it, room is deceiving. This is comparable to the entirety of Xyrus City in terms of scale. Anyway, whenever we started following the pathways, we made way through miles of flower field. Eventually, at our destination, we found what looked to be a platform surrounded by some familiar Elven arches with a pedestal in the middle. 

(^^^Think this but with flower field surrounding and a similarly colored pedestal in the middle

(^^^Think this but with flower field surrounding and a similarly colored pedestal in the middle.)

I can see that there's some kind of object on the pedestal, but I'm wary of stepping on the pedestal in fear that the whole room will fall apart or something. The last thing I want is to get Cecilia -but really Tess- killed. Though I can't even say it's just Tess anymore. Looking over at what should be my childhood friend from this life, but is in actuality my childhood friend from my past life, is really confusing. If I can help it, both Cecilia and Tess will come out of all this alive.