Chapter 34: The Will Of The Wielder

A/ N: So I'd like to take a few sentences to thank you all very sincerely for 20k views. I never thought we'd reach this far, and I know it'll grow with time, but I want to thank you all nonetheless. As time passes and the numbers go up and up, I want you all to know I'm appreciative. Thank you all again and....

Naz out!

CECILIA

"Thanks, Cecilia. You've made me incredibly happy," Arthur says while hovering over my face.

I can feel every inch of my face burning up as it creeps up to the very tips of my ears. "I'm glad I can make you happy. Can you get off of me now?"

Arthur notices the rather precarious position he's in before he quickly sits back down in the chair by the bed. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine. I liked it, but I'm already short of breath, and all the heart fluttering wasn't helping," I reassure as a teasing smile creeps on my face.

The cool towel on my forehead proceeds to leech away at the increasing heat on my face as my resounding headache begins to recede. "So how's the new core?"

"I'll be honest, it's hard to readjust to. I haven't used mana in over a year, so give me a day or so. I made the water and cool air to give you a cold towel with mana. I'm already doing better than Elijah," he answers with a chortle.

"Well, he also just woke up as a quadra-elemental. You had almost two decades of pra-," I comment before a jet of ice-cold water splashes on my left cheek. "You don't want to start this war, Arthur."

"That's a good point. I'd rather not do that. You'll just make sure I can't control any amount of mana. However, you've got nothing for my aether. If only it was as multi-purposed," he groans while standing and stretching his shoulders, arms, and back.

I sit up and slide my arms off the side of the bed as I look up at Arthur from waist height. "Care to show me what you can do with your mana core so far?"

"Is this some sort of exam? Don't forget I taught you everything you know," he teases while tapping me on the nose.

"Not everything. I don't think you told me how to pull mana from cores or disperse it from an area. You also didn't tell me to rebuild them from scratch. You're a piss poor teacher from what I can tell," I shoot back.

Arthur puts on a fake insulted face and brings his hand to his chest like a diva. "I can't believe you'd say that. After everything I've done for you."

"If you want to do more, then show me some mana manipulation. I'm hearing a lot of preaching and no doing," I reply.

"Fine. Fine," he relents. He pulls the chair another foot or so away from the bed and sits down facing me. He extends his hands out as orbs of each base element form on his left hand while the deviant elements form on his right. The orb of pure gravity appears as a miniature black hole while the sound orb looks like hot, rippling air.

"Interesting enough. I'm ashamed to say I never really tried to create a mini black hole," I admit. "But can you do this?"

I conjure three orbs that I know he can't control, orbs of vines, magma, and metal begin to hover above my palm and rotate around.

"Showoff," he grumbles as his eight orbs vanish.

"I'm just pointing it out, Arthur. Now let's get going. I feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks for nursing me back to health," I correct before giving him a slight peck on the cheek.

"I hope you'd do the same for me," he replies as he shoots me a smile and rubs his cheek.

"Only if you stay on my good side," I tease.