Chapter 11: The Way Home

ARTHUR LEYWIN

"Alright, Regis, Cecilia, it's time to pack up. Caera should be back sometime soon," I mention. "Thanks to Caera, we got our supplies and I have Ellie's late birthday gift. Cecil, this is all the food you'll need for a while. Throw it in your dimension ring. Regis, have you had your fill of being a perv?"

"I'll never be sated, Princess, but I'll be fine for now. Maybe Varay will stop giving me a cold shoulder," he replies while snickering at his own joke.

"You're hopeless, mutt. Cecilia, is there anything else you'll need other than food and those changes of clothes?" I ask.

"No, I think I'll manage. I'm just excited to let Tessia see everyone," she replies.

"Thank you for caring about her, too, Cecil. I didn't expect her to be as active inside of you as she is. I'd like to find you a vessel as soon as possible. Though, I need to find a way to get you out of there too," I comment.

"I'd like that too. I'm sure she's not exactly enjoying being a spectator in her own body. I'm not enjoying being the one suppressing her either," she points out.

"We'll figure something out," I respond, completely unsure of the reality.

A key slots into the locked door of Caera's apartment, as the cream-colored door opens, a familiar navy-haired woman enters while massaging her temples. She places her room key on its hook and slips off her boots. When she's finally done with her entering ritual, she lifts her head to find all of our gazes firmly placed on her.

"Are you guys just going to stand there and stare? Do I need to yell, 'Honey, I'm home!' or something?" Caera asks with a sense of hostility in her voice.

"Woah there, that's quite the attitude to whip out this early in the day. Actually, scratch that, it's 3 pm. What have you been doing?" Regis questions.

Caera makes her way over onto one of her red armchairs and takes a seat, all while still massaging her temples.

"I had quite the hangover. I spent most of the AM stuck by the toilet. Scythe Seris was surprisingly understanding. I barely remember anything after our meeting. I know we played Sovereign's Quarrel. That's it," she replies.

"First time or something?" I ask.

"Yes, actually. I'm a very sparse drinker, and I'm apparently quite the lightweight," she answers.

"Well, we were getting all of our things together. I planned on leaving around an hour ago, but you were late. We didn't want to leave without saying anything. I know it's on brand for me, but I'm trying to not do that unless I have to," I say while Regis and Cecilia give me questioning glances. "Okay yeah, it's bound to happen again, but I'm not aiming for some magician's disappearance act."

"So long as you know, Arthur," Cecilia and Regis say in tandem.

I wave off their criticism and place the bow, manuals on runes, and about 30% of the food we got into my dimension rune. Turning to Caera, I give her a smile and she does the same.

"Time to go?" she asks.

"It seems so. Sorry for the errands we made you run, but I didn't want to have to stay with Alaric. I also didn't want to have to bring Cecilia around him," I answer.

"No, I'm glad you came. I was worried sick about what may have happened to you after the Victoriad. I got the chance to speak to Scythe Seris about it, but as per usual, she was vague. She told me about how you weren't Alacryan and not entirely human. It all makes sense now that you spilled your guts." she says as the smirk begins to fade and an air of sadness begins to radiate around her.