Chapter 16: Unlocked

ELEANOR LEYWIN

"Brother, this is beginning to sound a little insane. You're some kind of special reincarnate with a soul bound for conquering the world?" I ask.

This whole 'Dynasty' and 'Legacy' stuff feels so crazy. I thought it was just the Legacy, but now there are three of them. Did Agrona not know that him bringing Arthur and that Nico guy could lead to his demise?

"Well, Ellie. I don't fully understand either, but these Djinn are going to help me- or well, us- become strong enough to fend off Agrona and even the asuras of Epheotus. I'll do anything I have to if it means I can keep you and everyone I love safe," Arthur replies.

"Alright. I trust you. Does that mean we're going to stay in this zone for a while?" I ask again.

"Probably, yes. I want to make sure that I've noticeably improved. I know if I would have fought Taci back then on equal terms... I would have lost. He was weakened while I was strengthened; it wasn't a fair fight," he answers.

"Then can we all train? I want to get stronger too," I mutter.

"That's a silly question, El. Of course, you're going to train too. There are five of the Djinn and three of us. Go and speak to one of the Djinn. Maybe they could even manifest your Djinn blood too. We've got the same blood in our veins," he explains.

Could they really? Could I start to do things that Arthur can? Could I become strong like him and use that aether stuff?

"Do you really think that's possible?!" I shout.

"Go and find out. Ask Domon about it then go and meet the others and ask them to train," he suggests.

I nod resolutely and run over to where the Djinn brought us to. That ghost town we found earlier was actually where they live, but when the zone opened, they fled so as to check out who was entering.

I make my way up to one of the sandstone buildings, the one that Domon said he lives in, and knock on the door. I wait for a moment before I hear shuffling on the other side of the door. When it opens, the familiar bald, pale, and tattooed man looks down at me with a questioning glance.

"May I help you, Eleanor?" he asks.

"I think so, yes. Can my Djinn blood manifest like Arthur's did? I want to get strong and help him," I tell him, my posture stiff and expression hopefully showing my determination.

"I didn't realize you two were siblings. I suppose it could manifest. However, you're a only Mid Silver mage," he answers.

"ONLY? I'm two breakthroughs from being one of the most powerful mages in all of Dicathen!" I shout.

His blank expression curves into a frown. His eyes seem almost angry.

"I see. So there are that few White core mages these days. That is very unfortunate," he says, trailing off as he goes. "In that case, I'll attempt to manifest your blood, but you need to break through into White core first. Because of your Djinn heritage, the Relictombs should be quite conducive to your training and amplify your growth rate."

"So is that why I broke through from Light Orange to Mid Silver in two months?" I ask.

The Djinn man's composure completely breaks. His frown fades as his jaw drops, leaving his mouth agape.

"You went through five stages in only two months?!" he asks, essentially screaming.

I recoil at his show of emotion.

"Y-yes, I did. Is it really that hard to believe?" I ask, genuinely curious if my feat is that inconceivable.

"But of course! That's unprecedented even among the Djinn children who were born just before we built the Relictombs. The few that made it into here were very gifted and developed exceedingly fast but you've been breaking through a stage almost every two weeks!" he continues to shout.