Epilogue 2: A Feast at the Leywin Family Estate

ARTHUR LEYWIN

A warm summer morning. The meadow before rustles as the cool breeze whips across the few mounds and hills. It feels like a dream.

'It's almost too warm.'

I beg to differ. It's just right. Do you know how long I fought so I could enjoy days like this? I don't care how hot or cold it is, so long as I can enjoy the day.

'It just so happens I know exactly how long you fought. Regardless of that though, are you going to keep saying that every time? It's been almost five years.'

I'll say it until I'm no longer grateful.

'So never... got it.'

"Arthur, the last of the guests are here," a gentle voice sounds from behind me, "Oh and the kids are all playing out in the garden. I know you love to watch them."

A quick glance over my shoulder reveals my comely mother. Her auburn hair is beginning to develop more grey streaks, but it's a graceful kind of aging. "I'll be right there, Mom. I'm just enjoying the sunlight."

"Well hurry up, they're bound to get tired soon enough," she pesters before returning to the house.

For as much authority as I could have taken after it was all over, I refused most of it. I don't want to be a ruler. I'm no good in times of peace. I'm a conqueror. It's easier for me to bring things down than it is for me to build things up.

However, as compensation, the councils of both continents chose to give me an estate in their most prominent regions. I tried to say no on many occasions, but they went behind my back and had my mother sign for me.

'Mother knows best, Arthur.'

A long sigh escapes my mouth as I turn my head to the sky above. Lording over my estate is the Grand Floating City of Xyrus. I didn't want the city life, but I'd gladly take an expanse of green grass to live on with what's virtually a palace on it. Of course, I'd have been happy with having just a cottage in the middle of nowhere so long as I had my family with me. But in all fairness, this is great because my whole family can live on one estate.

Slowly rising to my feet, I begin walking over to the 'palace.' It's a gargantuan estate that I couldn't possibly use all by my lonesome. That's the exact reason that my family, my parents, Ellie and her family, and Regis and his little crew are sharing it with me. It's in the ballpark of thirty bedrooms, only half of which are filled.

As I approach the estate, I can hear around ten sources of giggling and screaming. When I finally turn the corner to the front garden, I find my two eldest, Xena and Rhea, Regis' eldest, Lucius, and a plethora of my best friends' children.

Of course, I'm not the only one watching. Off toward the gate and the collection of carriages are a collection of couples. At the sight of me, they all start walking to me to greet me.

"It's a beautiful estate, Arthur. Thank you for inviting us," a former twin horn says.

"I'd never let you go uninvited, Jasmine. And good day to you too, Sevren. Is that one yours?" I ask, pointing to the olive-haired, red-eyed boy chasing after Lucius.

"That's him. Little Serian is quite the pain for us at times, but I'm sure this one will be more of a pain," he answers, gesturing to Jasmine's rather prominent stomach.

"If it's anything like Jasmine, you won't know how much fun they'll be until they're grown," I joke. Jasmine shoots me the kindest yet most annoyed glance I've ever received before letting out a giggle.

TBATE: Let The Truth Be Known {Completed}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें