Chapter 49: It's All Over

ELIJAH KNIGHT

"Get up, nerd!" a voice shouts. My eyes shoot open as I bring my arms up, ready to fight. "Who the hell do you think you're trying to fight?"

The familiarity of the voice begins to click.

"Damn it, Arthur. I was sleeping pretty well," I groan, rubbing my eyes as I stare into the blurry world.

"Here," he says while holding a hand toward me, a pair of black sticks resting in his palm.

I take them and I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a few seconds to notice he handed me my glasses.

Damn, I'm blind.

I put my glasses on and look up at him as he lords over my bedside. "What's the occasion?"

"We're leaving. Pack your shit. Oh, and give me your nub," he answers, chuckling at his last remark.

"Bastard," I grumble as I reach my stump of a hand out toward him.

He takes my wrist into his left hand and holds his right hand over it while turning it counterclockwise. My eyes widen to their highest extent as the nub where my hand used to be well... grows a hand?

My fingers, joints, the lines on my palm, and everything... they all return.

"Arthur... I'm sure you hear this a lot... but what the fuck?" I ask. He breaks out into a fit of laughter and thumps me on the forehead.

"Watch it there, Four Eyes. I can take it away if you want," he taunts.

"Nope! I love it! Very great!" I shout, whipping my hands behind me and resting them at the small of my back.

"Mhmm. As I said, pack your shit. We're going back to Xyrus," he reiterates.

"Why? Isn't it still occupied?" I ask, bewildered.

"As of a couple of hours ago? No," he answers.

"Wha- hell yeah!" I shout, shooting up to my feet. I sprint over to the 'dresser' I have in my room and begin ripping out clothes and storing them in my dimension ring.

"Come to the exit portal in 20," he says before my bedroom door opens.

"Got it!" I reply, excited beyond belief.

It isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but most of my happiest memories in this life were in Xyrus.

With each pair of clothes I stuff into my dimension ring, a memory resurfaces. The pillow wall between Arthur and when I first slept at the Helstea Estate. Figuring out Arthur and Tessia knew each other. Walking through the halls with Arthur and hoping, praying even, for some girl to choose me instead of gawking at him.

Maybe that last one is a bit weird.

Probably also worth noting those all have Arthur in them... huh... yeah...

Anyway, now that I've finished packing, I hurriedly race out the door and run to the exit portal only to find Arthur and his family waiting alone.

"Elijah... it's only been four minutes..." Arthur states, tilting his head slightly as he leans against the white stone portal frame.

"Wha-?" I mumble -mostly because I'm out of breath.

-------------------

After waiting for a while, we finally exit the Relictombs. For most of us, it's the last time we'll ever see that purple sky that took care of us for the past year.

I say 'us' as if I was there. Eh, close enough.

As the purple glow of the Relictombs ceases to be, the bright light of the sun beams down on me. Cheers ring out as people shout, yell, and whistle.