Childhood (pt.2)

(They are 11 yrs old rn)

It was around midnight and Kali and Five were in his room.

Five was laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling with his hands behind his head meanwhile Kali was on the floor with her legs crossed and was tracing the lines on the floor with her finger. It was a thing she did often, and nobody questioned her.

She looked up at Five, "Can I listen to music?" She asked in barely a whisper.

He turned his head to the side to look at her face and smiled a bit, "Want me to go get your headphones?"

She returned the smile and nodded.

He was then gone in the blink of an eye and returned to the same spot with her headphones and Walkman.

She thanked him quietly and put on the headphones while she shuffled through the songs.

He watched her carefully as if she were the most interesting thing. She didn't usually mind when Five looked at her, he did it quite often, so she was used to it.

She found her favorite song and returned to tracing the lines on the floor.

The music in her headphones was quiet, she didn't like loud things, but she certainly grew a liking for music over the years.

Five got up from the bed on the side she was on and stood in front of her, she looked up with her eyes slightly, expecting him to move somewhere in the room but he stayed.

She looked up at him and he sat down in front of her. He tapped his ears to signal her to take off the headphones and she took them off.

He took the headphones from her grasp and set them on the floor.

He then stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a necklace with a pendant on it.

She tilted her head slightly and stuck out her hand for the necklace.

"I got you a friendship necklace," He told her and dropped it in her hand.

She moved it around in her fingers and on the heart, the pendant was a big '13' engraved on it.

"5+8 is 13" He informed with an airy chuckle.

She smiled brightly down at the necklace and put it around her neck, as soon as it was on, she wrapped her fingers around the heart again and began to fiddle with it.

Five knew she liked it. She didn't need to use her words to prove that.

She slowly scooted over beside Five and very carefully rested her head on his shoulder.

Five froze in his spot, this was the first time she had done this, if he moved, she could be too scared to do this again. So, he tried to savor this moment and stayed perfectly still.

Kali managed to stay like that for a whole 5 minutes until she remembered her music and lifted her head.

She scooted across the floor again and put on her headphones that still had her song quietly repeating and looked back down at the floor.

Five watched in amazement, he couldn't wait for the day she would do that again.

With one hand on the floor and the other on the pendant, she looked up. He was staring at her, but he's never looked at her that way.

'Did he not like what I just did? Does he hate me now? What if he stops being my friend? Will he shout at me? Did I hurt him somehow? Will we stop meeting up? Will he take my necklace back?!'

She immediately thought the worst and she just wished she had invisibility right now.

Her eyes began to flicker red, and her fingers started to shake at her sides.

Five immediately noticed her eyes change from the beautiful brown he loved to a ruby red.

"Oh! No, Eight, it's ok, you did nothing wrong, don't worry!" He whisper yelled and moved towards her.

She flinched back on instinct, and he looked hurt by her movement. 'Was she really scared of me now? No, of course not, she's just panicking' He reassured himself.

"Eight, it's ok, I'm not mad at you..." He whispered gently.

She just stared at him for a moment, "D-do you...w-want the necklace...back?" She asked, forcing herself to speak.

"No! You keep it! It's yours Eight" He reassured.

The tension slowly dissipated from the room. 'I can keep the necklace?!' She thought.

Her smile was somehow even brighter than when she got the necklace, and her eyes went back to their normal soft brown.

Five looked up at the clock, it was nearly 1 AM now.

"Alright we should probably go to bed now, we have training at 7 this morning." He sighed.

Looking up at the clock she stood up, she then grabbed her Walkman and headphones, and waved goodbye to Five.

"Good night, Eight"

"Night, Five" He could barely hear her, but he saw her lips move.

She shut the door behind her and went straight to her room and fell asleep with a hand latched around the necklace.

(Words: 855)

AN: Hello people! This chapter sucks because I'm sleep-deprived and just woke up from 2 hours of sleep like most nights. But trust me the chapters will get better and less dramatic when I rewrite it and sleep. Anyways, love you all <3

-ash :)