Chapter 3

Kali awoke to the sound of a window sliding up, her eyes fluttered open and she saw Five stepping out of the window.

She sat up on the blanket underneath her and stood up when Five began to head down the fire escape, not even noticing she was awake.

She began to hurriedly throw on her blazer, tie, and white button-up so that she could head out with Five. She listened to his conversation with Klaus while she struggled with her tie and the buttons because only one arm worked properly.

She grabbed a bag from her closet and made sure the stuff was still in there.

"Damn it, where's dads stuff?" She heard Klaus yell. "Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever... priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass! " He exclaimed to nobody.

"Id ask what you're up to, Klaus. Then it occurred to me...I don't care." She heard Five say.

"Hey! You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought."

"Hey, hey, so. You need any more company today? I could, uh.... clear my schedule."

"Looks like you got your hands full." Five mused.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just-" He fell back into the dumpster.

"I just misplaced something. That's all. Oh! Found it! Thank God!" He exclaimed, standing up again and holding up a half-eaten donut and taking a bite out of it, "Delicious!"

Unfortunately, that was the moment that Kali stepped out of the window and silently gagged when she saw Klaus eat the donut, the fire escape creaked when she took a step.

Five's head snapped in her direction, "What are you doing? Go back to sleep!"

She ignored him and slowly went down the metal stairs being careful of her arm.

"No. Don't. Kali, bad girl. Stay." Kali paused on the steps at what Five said and flushed a light pink.

"Ooh, kinky." Klaus laughed. Kali sent Klaus a glare and turned a deep red.

Five looked confused, like the old man he is, but shook it off. "Kali, you should be sleeping. You were only asleep for like two hours." He scolded.

She gave him a look that said, 'I'm fine' and continued down the stairs, landing on the ground beside him.

Five gave up and turned back to his brother, "I'm done funding your drug habit."

"Come on! You don't- maybe I just wanna hang out with my brother. Not you." He said, turning to look beside him. "Mi Hermano!"

Five began to walk away and Kali turned to look at the spot beside Klaus and waved with a bright smile before running away over to Five.

Unknown to Kali, Ben smiled sadly as she went and did a small wave back.

"I love you!" Klaus shouted. Kali walked backward and blew a kiss at him before hopping into the stolen van.

. . .

Five and Kali sat parked in front of the Meritech building. Five watched as the doctor walked into the building.

Kali accidentally bumped her shoulder on the door beside her and winced loudly as pain shot rapidly through her arm.

"Ah, shit." Five swore and leaned over to look at her shoulder. "Be careful with that, ok. You don't have speed healing." He joked.

She chuckled a bit and picked up the bag that she took from her closet. She opened it and revealed at least 4 bottles of vodka. Five raised his eyebrows in shock, "Where did you get that?"