Childhood (pt.8)

(They are 9)

Kali was wandering aimlessly around the house, Five had to do the dishes so she was left alone with nothing to do. She came upon a staircase and went up it, this was new to her, she's never been in this part of the house.

She opened the door at the top of the staircase and inside was a bunch of junk, she walked into the room and turned on a dim light. There were cardboard boxes filled with the old uniforms that they grew out of and broken antiques.

In a corner there were multiple buckets of paint, Kali walked over to them and opened them. There was black, white, gray, dark purple, and blue.

She got an idea and picked up all the buckets and a paintbrush with her powers and ran down to her room. She put the buckets on her floor and opened the black one.

She dipped the brush into the paint and stood on her bed, she looked up at the ceiling and thought for a moment then spread the thick liquid onto the roof.

Some dripped onto her face so she wiped it and it smeared a bit. There was now a big patch of black directly over her bed and then she got the purple and blue paint and mixed them all together. She sat down on her bed and waited for it to dry. She was a very patient kid so she didn't mind how long it took.

An hour later it was dry and she grabbed one of the paint brushes that she uses for her canvas paintings.

She dipped the end in the white paint and stood on her bed again, she put dots of white all over the black. She did constellations and little stars in every little spot.

Luther suddenly walked into her room, "Have you seen my- ...I'M TELLING DAD!" and with that, he ran away.

Kali stood on her bed dumbfounded at what just happened. The next moment Reginald was standing in her doorway. He looked at her, there she stood, paint all over her face and clothes, paintbrush in hand and paint on the ceiling.

This did not look good. "Number Eight, what are you doing?" He questioned. She opened her mouth to talk but the words died on her lips. Her eyes watered and she bit her lip.

Reginald sighed, "Did you get any on the floor or your bedspread?" She furrowed her brows and then looked around the room, she looked back up at him and shook her head.

"Very well. You may continue what you're doing. Go to Grace when you're done to get cleaned up." Then he walked away.

Kali just shrugged and did what he said, she continued. She finished and Five walked into the room, "Woah, what happened here?"

She looked at him and smiled brightly. She jumped down from her bed and spread her arms wide to present her room.

"Looks good. Did dad let you do this?" She nodded. "Hm." Five said surprised.

He flopped down on her bed and put his hands behind his head. She sat at his feet and stared at him.

Grace knocked on the door frame and Kali looked towards it, "Your father has told me you need to get cleaned up."

"It's fine, mom. I can make sure she gets cleaned up." Five said, sitting up.

"Okay, dear," Grace said and walked away.

"C'mon, Eight." The two walked out of her room and towards the bathroom. Five grabbed a face cloth, wet it, and handed it to her. She looked in the mirror and began to wipe all the paint off of her hands and face.

She set down the cloth when she finished and looked in the mirror to make sure she didn't miss any spots. Klaus suddenly burst through the door, grabbed her hand, and dragged her out of the bathroom, "Kali, we have a sibling meeting, come on!" He shouted.