Chapter 28

Lila pushed Five to the side the second he opened the door. "Exsqueeze me." She announced.

"You're excused." Five sighed and shut the door behind Kal. There was an actual working light in this hallway. Thank fuck. This hall didn't lead anywhere besides one huge, circular door, labeled, operation bunker. It had a round blue screen right in the middle of it. It reminded her of a submarine hatch, minus the screen.

Lila read out the sign above the door and nodded in satisfaction. "Well, we found it."

Five aggressively scratched his neck again, earning a strange look from Kali. This kid has issues. He was acting an awful lot like when they had met his older doppelgänger, back in the '60s.

Lila leaned forward and put her eye up to the screen. It made a buzzing noise as it turned brighter and scanned her eyeball. Kali watched in fascination but it quickly faded when the scan denied her eye and a loud alarm rang from behind them, twice.

"We're screwed." Lila admitted.

"Unauthorized access." A voice from the screen, informed . Kali blatantly flipped it off.

Lila looked at Five who was panting like a damn dog and scratching his neck still. Okay, maybe Kali should be concerned.. what if Five has some sort of terminal disease of some sort and dies.

"Jesus. You look like a dodgy shrimp on ice. What's wrong?" Lila quizzed. A second later, Five let another one rip. Except this fart lasted almost a whole five seconds.

Kali stared at Five in horror. He's genuinely dying. Oh my god. His organs are probably collapsing, causing all this flatulence or something. She's not a doctor, but that's her guess.

Five paused, like an idea had clicked in his head. He marched over to the door and scanned his eye.

"Unauthorized access." The voice stated, again.

"Who would be able to open this door?" Lila questioned. "Everyone in the Commission is dead. We're literally gonna die. It's all over." She accepted.

"Kali." Five spun around, his face stern. She froze up and faced him directly, not knowing what he could possibly want from her, but looking everywhere but his face. Five can be scary sometimes.

"Go." He pointed to the door. His sudden mood switch was slightly nerve racking but she slowly walked up to the door and stood in front of it. "Scan your eye." He groaned impatiently, as if it were obvious what he wanted.

Her eyebrows furrowed together in deeper confusion.

Lila spoke up, "Why would Kali be able-"

"Shut up." Five growled. "Kali, scan your eye."

The girl turned her body and put her eye up to the screen. It was super bright and it really hurt but she finished it, nonetheless.

It beeped once it was finished. "Access granted." The voice informed.

She backed up and stared at the door as it slowly opened. Why was Five suddenly so harsh with her? He never talks to her that way. What did she do wrong? Whatever it was, she'll have to be extra good to make him happy again.

The room was white - with a cold and clinical type of sense to it. She didn't know how else to explain it. There was strips of lights running down each wall, a clock, and a couple chairs in the corner. But the thing that caught her attention the most, was the long metal incubator-like bed.

"Wow." Was all Lila had to say as she stepped in, Five and Kali following after.

Five took two steps and then a look of confusion spread over his face as he became aware that he was no longer itchy, sweaty, and irritated. He looked around in slight confusion and the door slid shut behind them with a small thud. He then realized that he needed to have some alone time with Kali ASAP so that he could give her a sincere apology. Dammit, he was such asshole. He was ashamed of how he treated her.