Chapter 10

Kali rushed out of her room and came face to face with, Vanya. Kali was relieved that her sister was out of that horrid prison and safe, but when she looked at her sister's face, something was wrong. Her eyes were stark white, and she was extremely pale.

The shaking of the house calmed slightly as the two sisters stared at each other. Vanya stared down at the girl with a blank face, Kali opened her mouth and willed herself to speak to comfort her sister, but like usual, nothing came out.

Vanya stared for a moment more before speaking, "Join me. Join me, and we can make them pay, pay for what they've put us through. We've been left out, put down. Because we lack something that they have. That's not right, Kali. We can stick together and be happy, we won't be put down. Our powers, we could do so much, you don't realize your strength. But I can, I feel it radiating off of you."

The shaking ceased and Kali forced herself to speak, "I-I can't." She murmured.

Vanya scoffed, "They think the same thing of you as they do me. A monster, somebody who can't stick up for themselves. A nobody. They underestimate us, just join me Kali and we can show them how wrong they are. How weak and pathetic they are." She tempted.

Kali knew her sister was hurting, and she was also right about how her siblings underestimate them. But she could never hurt them. "I'm sorry..." She whispered.

Vanya nodded stiffly, upset that her attempt didn't work, but she understood. Kali was too soft, she had too big of a heart. She couldn't harm her siblings no matter what they did to her.

"Go." Vanya demanded and walked past Kali as the house began to shake again. The girl obeyed and made her way out of the house as fast as she could.

She ran past the living room and stopped, Pogo went flying through the air and moose antlers pierced his chest. Kali wanted to cry, to crumble to the ground and sob her heart out and what was worse was that her sister did it. Her sister killed the only person that was closest to a father figure to her. He was gone, her sister was gone, her house was gone, and her siblings were nowhere to be found.

She ran out of the house and the cold air whipped her face as soon as she reached the outdoors. She turned around and watched the house she grew up in, crumble to pieces. She found herself unable to cry. It was torture, she just wanted to yell and scream and let everyone around her how upset she was, but her body and mind was in so much shock that she just... stood there. No emotion evident on her face.

Diego came running from somewhere with Klaus behind him and he began shouting whilst climbing the ruble.

"Mom! Mom! Klaus, come here. Help me search." He yelled.

"Diego." He tried. "Just stop it. Stop." He said grabbing the said man's shoulder sadly.

"No, what- what are you- Let me go. What are you doing?" He struggled against Klaus who began to pull him away from the broken house.

"Stop. Stop. She's gone. She's... She's gone, okay? She's..." He shook his head.

"You wanna-" He stuttered, "Wanna- Walk away from this?"

Klaus shook his head solemnly, "No."

"What about Pogo?"

Luther walked up to his two brothers, "He didn't make it." Kali squeezed her eyes shut; her heart ached at those words. Pogo was gone. Mom was gone. Their house was gone.

"What?" Diego questioned, though he heard what the man said.

"Vanya killed him."

"But Vanya wouldn't-"