Chapter 15

"You know, I'm starting to get the feeling dads avoiding us." Five mused, turning to face his brother.

The four stood in the parking lot as cars made their way out. Kali looked down at her feet and shuffled a bit farther from Five and closer to Diego. Diego looked at his sister but shook it off.

Lila spoke up, "Hate to be the boring one, guys, but, uh, it's time we get the hell out of here." She told them, walking away.

"When you say 'we,' who exactly are you referring to?" Five quizzed the lady.

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence." Lila chuckled, turning back around to look at the boy.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I'd advise you to posthaste."

Diego stepped closer to Five and Kali followed him quickly, "She's right, Five. We gotta get out of here."

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit. If I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks." Lila retorted. Kali honestly didn't know what they were talking about, all she knew is that her head was killing her.

"And that's the problem. you're to good. You ask to many questions. you know to much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

"He's got a point." Diego said and Kali nodded in agreement.

"So I know how to handle myself, and that makes me the bad guy?" Lila asked.

"Whoever you are, you're in my way. If I see you again, I will kill you." Five threatened. He went to grab Kali's hand but she quickly backed away behind Diego and grabbed onto his sleeve. The two looked at the girl in confusion, especially Diego who had never had the girl do this before. Sure, he's seen her and Five do it all the time but NEVER him.

Five scoffed and walked away and out of sight.

Lila began to walk away again but turned when the man didn't follow, "Diego, we need to go."

Number Two looked up from his sister, "I was getting my ass handed to me back there. You helped Five, not me. Why?"

"Because he's a kid and you're a man. Bloody act like one." Lila told him. Kali glared at the woman and Diego nodded slightly.

With Kali's hand still latched onto his sleeve the two began to walk away.

"Diego, I... I... We shouldn't-" Lila stuttered.

"You know what?" Diego asked, turning back to face her. "I'm used to dealing with liars, Lila, but I like it better when I know what they're lying about." And with that the two quickly left the girl as she called out to him.

As they walked away Diego kept his eyes on his sister while she watched her feet and kicked the same rock continuously. He was fine with her holding his sleeve, he was overjoyed actually, but he was curious why she didn't go with Five.

Once Lila could no longer see them Diego spoke up, "Hey, kid. Are you okay?" he asked hesitantly.

Her grip subconsciously tightened on his sleeve and she didn't answer her brother.

"Is it about, Five?" He asked. Her eyes flickered up to him but quickly looked back down, she sighed quietly and shrugged.

"Did the little bastard hurt you?" He questioned a bit louder than he wanted to.

She quickly shook her head and looked up at him, after a few moments she whispered, "It's nothing." It was nearly so quiet he almost thought she didn't say anything.

Diego looked back ahead and the two made their way to Elliots place in complete silence. When they walked through the door Diego stopped and looked at the girl. She looked up at him with curious eyes and dropped his sleeve.