Chapter 23

(Around midnight)

Kali awoke to the sound of the door opening and shifted closer to Five, not wanting to open her eyes.

A young boy spoke, "Ugh, why is this place so small?" Kali tensed at the unknown voice and pressed her face closer to Five's chest. Who the hell was this kid? What was he doing in their room?

She then heard Diego's hushed voice, "Shut up. I didn't want you here, you're lucky I'm letting you sleep in here."

"Well, I didn't want to be here either!" The boy rebuked.

Diego slapped the back of the kid's head, "Quiet. People are sleeping, y'know." He hissed.

The kid huffed in annoyance and shuffled around the room, Kali heard him stop in front of the bunk beds and whisper, "What's a girl doing in here? I thought you said they have their own room?" He sounded like he was scared of her being in here.

"She has an exception to be in here. Now go to bed." He muttered and lay down on the couch by the window.

"Where?"

"Anywhere, I don't care. Just be quiet."

"Why is she allowed to be in here?" The boy continued.

"Oh, my God. Because... she has issues. Now shut up."

Wow... thanks Diego, such a good brother.

"Fine, fine."

~

When Kali woke up again the first thing she realized was that she was absolutely sweating and Five was practically a furnace. She wriggled out of his arms and got out of bed.

Kali sighed and looked around the dimly lit room, it was probably around 6 am, that was the most sleep she's gotten in a while. The curtains were closed, the room was hot, and all the boys were snoring. Except for Five, it's a very rare thing to hear him snore. In the corner of her eye, she noticed that Luther was gone but that didn't really concern her, he was probably around somewhere.

She spotted the kid that she had heard last night on a different couch. His leg was hanging off and his head was tilted back over the arm of the couch, he was probably snoring the loudest. Ugh, boys.

She was just about to leave the room to go have breakfast or maybe have a shower but Five woke up at the exact moment she took a step.

"Where are you going?" His voice was groggy and his hair was a mess when he lifted his head from the pillow.

"Breakfast." She whispered, a slight blush tinting her cheeks from his appearance.

He sat up and put his face in his hands for a second, "I'm coming. I don't want you going anywhere alone."

"Why?"

"Because I said so." He got out of bed with a groan and stretched. "What do you want to eat? I don't think they have many options, it's mainly supper and lunch but there might be a couple of good things"

She shrugged as they headed out of the room and she shut the door behind him. They made their way downstairs in silence as preferred to both of them and stood in front of the buffet with empty plates. Five stared down at the food as he contemplated what to grab, "Uh... there's fruit... and vegetables. That's all? Wow, I really thought they'd have more than that." He muttered.

He looked over at Kali and watched as she loaded various fruits onto her plate. He shrugged and did the same. The two say down at the same table they did that night and ate their breakfast, the place was completely empty.