Chapter 9

Everyone rushed out of the car. "Come on! Let's go!" Five exclaimed.

Luther and Klaus carried her in the house, "I don't think she's still breathing!" Luther yelled.

"Well, if we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die." Klaus told him.

They got her to Grace and laid the woman on the table.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood." Grace informed quickly.

All the boys piped up, "I will."

Pogo spoke up from his spot in the back which was just in front of a shaking Kali, "I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy, your blood more compatible with mine." He told Luther.

"Hey, don't sweat it. I-I got this, big guy. I-I love needles." Klaus said hitting his arm for Grace to inject him.

"Master Klaus. Your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted." Pogo informed. Klaus looked hurt, he was trying to get clean. Kali glared at the back of Pogo's head, he was going further down her list of favorite people.

"Move." Diego said to Luther.

"Yeah. Go on." Luther whispered getting out of his brothers way.

"I'll do it." He said bravely standing beside Grace.

Grace pulled out a needle and he whimpered before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed to the floor.

Five sighed and rolled up his sleeve.

"Master Five, you had previously lost a great amount of blood. You would not be able to give any." Pogo said sternly.

Kali walked up beside their mom and rolled up her sleeve. Grace pulled out a needle and Kali looked down at her feet.

"You might wanna sit down, hun." Grace told her.

Kali sat in the chair behind her and held out her arm without looking. Grace poked it into her arm and Kali bit her lip to prevent any noise coming out. She could feel her blood moving out of her, she could feel the cold metal inside of her.

Out of the corner of her eye she seen Five move from his spot and over to her. She quickly brought her free hand to her chest and Five stopped in his tracks.

He took a few steps back and just watched. The color was quickly draining from her face and her knee was bouncing.

"Kali, stop moving please." Grace asked.

"Sorry." Kali squeaked out and she tried to stop her leg from bouncing. She ended up having to hover her foot over the floor because every time it would be on the ground it would start shaking again.

When Grace finished she took the needle out and put a white bandage on the girls arm.

Kali stood up and quickly walked out of the room before anyone could say something. She went to the living room and laid on the couch holding her arm to her chest, a few minutes later Diego, Klaus and Five walked in. Klaus sat on the couch opposite of Kali and her other two brothers stood in the middle of the room.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister's still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after her." Diego announced.

"Vanya is not important." Five said.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five."

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies with along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our first priority."