Chapter 21

"This... is the Sparrow Academy," Reginald informed.

Footsteps came from behind them and they all turned around to see five figures come into view and... a floating cube?

Diego pulled out one of his knives and Ben came around the corner with a stony face, "Dad, who the hell are these assholes?"

"Shit." Everyone said in sync.

"Ben." Klaus smiled.

Luther stood in front of everyone and took in his brother's presence, "Is that really you?" Ben tilted his head in confusion but kept his glare set on them all.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego shouted, raising his voice at every word, causing Klaus to flinch and Kali to squeeze her eyes shut for a second and tense.

"They are the Sparrows. My children." Reginald stated proudly.

Five scoffed, "I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."

The Sparrows made their way downstairs. "Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"

"Everybody else can see, Ben, right?" Klaus clarified, pointing his fingers.

"Cute hat, Sundance," Ben said bitterly but Klaus took it as a compliment and tipped it in thanks.

Reginald explained to his 'children', "They cal, themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

Allison stepped forward, "Claim? Look, Five, what the hell is going on?"

Five kept his eyes fixated on the Sparrows as he tried to hide Kali behind him the most he could, "I don't know yet, but it's concerning."

"Is he telling the truth?" A man, who looked to be the leader, pointed at Reginald.

Vanya spoke up, "Not the part about us being perfidious."

"No, we're amateur-fidious, at best." Klaus piped up.

"But we are his children. This is our house." She continued.

Luther nodded, "Yeah, yeah. We, uh... we grew up here."

A man with a deformed face mocked Luther, "Yeah, yeah, we grew up here."

"I kind of think we would have noticed you." A woman with dirty blonde stated softly.

This caught Luther's attention, "Hi. I'm Luther." He smiled. The woman smiled and looked down shyly, obviously flustered with Luther's attempts.

"Okay. None of you belong here." Allison snapped.

Another woman with sunglasses and a scratched-up face, scoffed, "Oh! Well, then. I guess we'll just pack our bags and move out."

The floating cube started making weird noises and all the Sparrows laughed. "You slay me, Chris." Ben mused.

Grace walked into the room with a tray of cookies, "I wasn't expecting company." Diego put away his knife and Kali looked about ready to break down. "This was the best I could do on short- short... short notice." She seemed to glitch out and her voice sounded honestly pretty scary.

"Mom." Diego gasped.

A woman with straight, jet-black hair, grimaced, "Mom? She's a robot, you perv."

"It's not a robot."

"Hey, don't you call him that." Luther pointed at the woman threateningly.

"Or what?" Ben questioned.