Chapter 29

The door slid open and Five walked out holding the briefcase, midway shoving something into the inner pocket of his suit. He looked down at the two girls in confusion and Lila gave him a pissed off look for hurting Kali.

Eight looked up and they made brief eye contact, only for her to look away a second later and stand up, pulling her hands up into her sleeves.

"Kali, I-" Five began to apologize but was but off by Lila.

"Time to go home, I guess. Old you was completely useless." She stated and began walking away. Once she rounded the corner and her footsteps could be heard going up the stairs, Five turned back to Kali.

His lips were parted slightly, wanting to say something but not being able to find the words for it. "Kali..." She looked up at him, nervously shifting on her feet. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude today. When I was being all stern and demanding... It was because of the paradox psychosis and stress, and I know that's no excuse. But I'm really sorry, my love. I'm not mad at you. I'll never do something like that again. You're my whole world, I would never purposely hurt you like this."

She just stared at him for a moment, needing a moment to think and relay in her head what he said. "I...I forgive you," She managed to whisper out, her voice shaky. Kali didn't want to talk anymore today. It's not because of anything Five did (kinda), she was just burnt out and emotionally exhausted now. She felt better after being mute for a while, it was comforting.

"I'll make it up to you, darling, I swear." He promised. She just nodded slightly, knowing that he wouldn't take 'no' as an answer. They stood in silence for a bit, not knowing what else to do.

"Are you two coming or not?" Lila yelled out from the top of the stairs.

"We're coming." Five responded annoyedly.

"Chop chop!"

He rolled his eyes and Kali smirked a bit at his agitation. "You think that's funny, eh? That woman tortures me, I swear." He grumbled, just trying to get a bigger smile out of her. It worked. "Alright, come on, smiley. Let's go home. See what our moron siblings have gotten up to while we weren't there to babysit them. You think Bob has gotten into any trouble?" He snickered, walking up the stairs, Kali close behind him.

OH MY GOD. KALI FORGOT ABOUT BOB. HER POOR BABY HAS BEEN ALONE AT THE HOTEL FOR EVER.

She began walking faster and had to nudge Five to get him speed up as well so that they could get out of there. They met Lila at the top and Five got straight to getting them back home, making Lila hold onto the briefcase.

"Kali, hold on to my arm again. Don't let go." He was paranoid to lose her. She held on and not long after, his and Lila's powers activated and they charged up the briefcase.

A bright blue portal opened up and a second later the three were gone.

~

The portal dropped them from the air and they fell onto a table, it immediately breaking from their weight. Luckily, Kali had landed on top of Five. Him and Lila groaned in pain and she quickly got off of him, scared that she had hurt him. "I'm fine, I'm fine." He reassured, slowly getting up to his feet.

Kali looked around and realized they were right back in the hotel, surrounded by their siblings.

"Where have you guys been?" Viktor questioned.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor. I don't recommend it." Five responded. Kali pulled her sleeves back over her hands and hid behind Five, feeling uncomfortable by all the staring.

Allison noticed the smoking briefcase that was laying on the floor and went to pick it up. "You had the briefcase? We've been looking for this!"

Diego walked over to Lila and helped her get up off the floor. Kali smiled slightly, they were adorable.