Chapter 7

(17 Years ago)

The limo (I'm gonna make it a limo in this story lmao) came to a stop outside the house and Kali looked nervously out the window, there was so many people. She wished she was invisible when it came to going on missions and coming home from them.

Five and Kali had the backseat to themselves like usual. Reginald got out of the car, along with Luther. People called out and cheered louder when they seen, 'Space boy'

Five handed Kali her noise cancelling headphones that are used for after missions and she took them with shaky hands.

"You'll be alright. Just another day, it'll be over soon." Five told her.

Diego, Ben and Klaus all got out and Five looked at Kali once more before opening their door. The cheers got louder at seeing Five and Eight. The two friends stepped out and Kali gripped onto Five's sleeve while walking out of the limo with her head down.

A boy jumped over the barricades and grabbed Kali's sleeve, she immediately stopped walking and Five spun around.

"Excuse me, I'm your biggest fan." The boy said with a bright smile. Kali began to shake and she looked up at Five, her eyes beginning to water.

Five stormed over to the boy and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "Don't touch her." He growled.

Reginald seen what was happening and yelled, "Get back behind the barricade!"

Five didn't let go of the boy when reginald walked up to him, "Number Five, bring Number Eight back into the house." He demanded.

Five huffed and shoved the boy a bit before walking up to Kali, "Come on, Kali." She grabbed his sleeve again and quickly followed beside him.

"It's just... I was born on the same day as the Academy kids. I think I'm like them. I must be. I haven't quite figured out what my power is... yet. But maybe with your help, we can find out. " the boy spoke.

Reginald crouched down to the boys level, "You have no power. You never will have power. Now, go home."

"No, please. Just... I... You have to let me stay. I came all this way. Please don't make me go back."

Reginald stood back up, "A little word of advice, my boy. Not everyone in this world can be powerful. Chasing something unattainable is a recipe for a lifetime of disappointment. So get off my property." He said picking the boy up by his blazer and throwing him away.

Everyone laughed at the boy as Reginald went back into the house.

(Present day)

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned.

Diego looked up at Five, "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

Five drank the rest of his coffee and threw it behind him, "I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know."

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked in disbelief.

"That's enough."

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkins' in the city"

"Well, we just better start looking, then."

Allison spoke up, "I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?"

Kali looked over at Five and he grunted slightly while looking down at his side. She made sure she would ask him about that later.