Childhood (pt.3)

(They are 12 rn)

Kali had her headphones on as the alarm outside her door went off and red lights flashed through the house.

She stood up quickly and franticly began to search her room for her black and white checkered mask.

"It's on your dresser" A voice came from the door of her room.

She looked over and Five had his arms crossed over his chest and one foot up on the door frame he was leaning on.

She turned back to her dresser and as he said, her mask was on top of it.

She took off her headphones, slid on the mask, and moved her hair back over her shoulders so it could fall in front of her face.

"Thanks" She whispered as she walked towards the door.

He smiled at her and moved out of the way but before she could walk out, he stuck out his arm to point down the hall, "Follow me, m'lady"

She gave a light chuckle and played along, she did a curtsey with her shorts - She is allowed to wear shorts as the Academy outfit - and swiftly walked beside him down the hall.

They were nearly to the door as Diego ran past them in the hall and bumped shoulders with Kali, shouting something about looking for his knives.

She stumbled back and hid behind Five a bit. Five looked at her and then at Diego in pure rage.

Five then blinked in front of Number Two, shoved the boy against the wall, and held him by the collar of his shirt.

"Don't touch her...now...apologize to Kali, before I rip your tongue out of your goddamn mouth." He spoke in a low threatening voice.

"S-sorry Kali" He stuttered, looking at her. She looked down at the floor trying to get away from his gaze.

Five shoved him against the wall one more time before letting him go, "Now get your stuttering ass out of here" He scolded.

Diego sped away and around the corner, "That was mean" Kali muttered, looking at Five.

"Well, he deserves it" Five defended casually with a shrug and began walking down the hall again with her on his tail.

Once they got to the door, everyone else was there, including Diego who now had his knives, and they all looked at her and Five.

Diego must have told them all what happened cause they all gave Five dirty looks.

Kali's eyes shot to the floor once again and Five softly pushed her behind him protectively and gave the group of kids a glare that was 10× scarier.

Their father walked into the room to all his kids, who seemed to have a glaring contest with Five, and Kali was cowering behind him.

"Children," He announced his presence and they all looked at him quickly, except for Five who kept his stare on his siblings.

"You have a mission, enough with this nonsense" He scolded.

They all rushed out the door, Kali and Five stayed behind a moment till Five walked and Kali followed behind like usual as if she were a lost puppy.

Reginald took note of the way Kali was around Number Five. He had never really noticed them before, but now it was something for him to observe.

(AT THE BANK)

All the children were behind the bank making a plan.

"Allison, you go in first and rumor one of the men, then I'll jump in through the roof, Diego you throw your knives at one of them, and Kali, you just throw one in the air or something. Everyone else...we'll see what happens when we get in there." Luther laid out.

Kali nervously pulled her sleeves over her hands and nodded.

She watched as Allison walked in, Luther climbed up a ladder and Diego ran around the building to the other doors.

Her, Five, Ben, and Klaus all walked in last after they heard some gunshots.

Just as they walked in, Luther dropped from the glass in the ceiling and threw one of the men through the wall.

Diego ran through the doors on the opposite side of Kali and yelled, "Guns are for sissies, real men throw knives!" The knives he threw changed direction last moment and hit a man in the chest.

Another man began shooting at Klaus, but Kali stepped in and stopped the bullets in midair. She turned the bullets towards the man and threw them into his chest.

He fell to the ground dead and Klaus thanked Kali. 'God, this place is chaotic. We just got here.' She thought.

The last man standing jumped on the counter and pointed his gun at the kids.

"Get back, you freaks!" He shouted at them. 'Ouch...'

"Hey, careful up there, buddy." Diego teased.

"Get back!" He yelled again.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt," Allison said, ignoring the man.

"Or what?" Five said spatial jumping on the counter with his legs crossed.

The man shot his gun multiple times at Five but he had already blinked away behind him.

The man turned around and shot his gun again, yet this time it didn't shoot bullets, it was now a stapler.

"That's one badass stapler!" Five mocked and shoved the stapler into the man's head and knocked him out.

They all gathered around the vault.

"Do I really have to do this?" Ben asked softly.

"Come on Ben, there's more guys in the vault" Luther pushed.

Kali felt bad but she knew that she couldn't help him.

"I didn't sign up for this" Ben sighs.

Ben walked into the vault as the captives ran out of the bank. He closed the door and blood began to get splattered everywhere.

Bodies were thrown around into walls and windows, and the tentacles he summoned roared as they ripped people in half.

Everything stopped and Ben walked out drenched in blood.

"Can we go home now?" Number Six breathed out shakily.

They all walked out of the building and Five ran around the body on the steps that Luther threw out the window.

Everyone lined up on the steps in their numbers except for Kali who stood between Five and Six.

"Lower your weapons!" A person on the police force yelled out.

She stared at the ground as her hair covered her face completely and her hands shook at her sides. She didn't like the fact that they were getting their picture taken and it would be in magazines everywhere.

"How did you get in the bank?" One man yelled out.

"What happened inside?" Another yelled.

Their father walked along the steps in front of his children.

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted 7 such children. I give you the inaugural class...of the Umbrella Academy." He announced proudly.

He stepped up a stair beside Klaus as questions were asked.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 news. What happened to their parents?" An interviewer asked.

"They were suitably compensated" He answered in a monotone.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" Another interviewer asked.

"Of course, as I am for the fate of the world." He answered again.

(Word count: 1191)

AN: Yeah yeah, I know, I suck at writing. And I'm sorry for making Five pick on Diego. I love Diego, but I needed somebody other than Luther to pick on, sadly. Anyways, I hope you all have a good rest of your day! I love you all <3

-ash :)