Chapter 22

After a bit of walking and Klaus refusing to tell them where he was taking them, they arrived outside a huge hotel. It was made from brick and concrete so it was pretty obvious that it was an old building.

As they were crossing the street and Five looked at Kali, "Are you okay?" She looked up at him through a curtain of hair, why was he asking that again? She said that she was alright. Kali gave him a confused look and nodded. "Are you sure? Did any of them touch you, did they hurt you in any way?" He asked worriedly.

Kali was utterly confused now. Why was he so worried about this? "I-I'm fine." She reassured in a bare whisper.

"You know that you can tell me anything, right?"

She nodded again.

Five was about to ask more questions but the sound of all their siblings struggling to try and get through the spinning door cut him off. Everyone was complaining and shoving and struggling to make their way through the doors.

Kali dropped Five's hand and simply went through the other spinning door with Five right behind her while everyone struggled. The others stepped out of the rotating doors and saw Kali and Five already standing in front of them.

"There were two entrances by the way." Five smirked.

Everyone ignored them and walked past with annoyed looks. Klaus tilted his head back and opened his arms, "Oh, Hotel Obsidian. I missed you, you slutty old dame." He walked past everyone. "Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom." Kali snickered quietly at that word, bosom. It sounded weird. Klaus spun around to face them, "You know, 'cause back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Gandhi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jongs, Tito, Dalai Lama, Elvis, and not one but two Kardashians, allegedly." Allison began walking away. "Wouldn't that- Where are you going?"

Without looking back she responded, "I gotta make a call."

Klaus shrugged and continued, "Nowadays, she's just a flophouse, a party house for those of us not looking to be judged by society's rules and norms."

Kali hid behind Five again, she was pretty sure all the people in this building staring were judging them. Some days she wished that just everyone on Earth would disappear and the only people left would be her family but that's impossible.

"You mean, a place to hide?" Luther asked.

"Exactly! It's perfect! And the best part of it is, she's gonna look after us, no questions asked. Never ever. Right?"

Kali gripped Five's sleeve tightly in her hand, this place was creepy. And people would not stop staring, do they have no shame?

"Come on." Klaus encouraged and began walking away.

Diego whispered to Luther, "I may have questions."

"Yeah, me too," Luther whispered back.

"This place is weird," Vanya muttered.

They all slowly followed behind Klaus and uneasily glanced around at everyone in the building. They walked up to the front desk and Klaus rang a bell causing Kali to flinch at the unexpectedly loud ring.

Klaus gasped when he saw the man behind the counter, "Chet! Mon frère! It's so great to see you. I'd like my usual suite, por favor."

The man behind the counter stopped the bell from ringing and gave Klaus a look, "I've never seen you before."

Klaus looked at them proudly, "See? Told you. Discreet."

Diego and Luther were petting the pug that was sitting on his little cushion on the counter and it was whimpering softly. The man glared at the two brothers, "Please stop scaring my dog." The two backed away awkwardly. Kali just noticed there was a dog and she fell in love in an instant, ugh, she wanted to pet it so bad now.