Chapter 5

(Present day)

Kali awoke to the door of the room opening and closing but she kept her eyes closed and snuggled closer into Five, her head was pounding, and her ears were ringing slightly. She didn't know at what point that night she had turned around, but her face was now in his chest with her hands holding tightly onto the fabric of his blazer and his arms were around her waist.

She heard heavy footsteps, they stopped beside the bed and she heard the chair beside them creak. She knew it was Luther but kept her eyes closed.

"What do you want, Luther?" Five whispered.

"I want you to explain what you meant by the end of the world." Luther whispered back.

"Everything?"

"Yes, everything."

"Fine."

Five explained everything about the apocalypse and when he was about to reach the end of his explanation he began to sit up, Kali reluctantly let go of his blazer and sighed slightly as he sat by her feet. She reached over where he used to be and grabbed a pillow to snuggle instead.

"When's it supposed to happen? This...apocalypse." Luther questioned.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but...from what I could gather, we have 4 days left." Five sighed sadly.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered"

"Of course, it would. We could have band together and helped you try to stop this thing."

"For the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?"

Five hesitated, "I found all of you. Your bodies."

"We die?"

Kali tensed and sharply inhaled, hugging the pillow closer to her body.

Five was quiet for a moment, "Horribly. You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait, how do you know that?"

Five pulled out the cloth that has the eye in it and handed it to his brother, "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Who's head?" Luther questioned.

"Like I said, I don't know."

Luther turned the eye around and looked closer, "Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try-"

"No, that's a dead end." He chuckled, "Just another hunk of glass."

Luther handed the eye back and the door slammed open. Kali shot up in surprise, still hugging the pillow to her chest. Five looked at her now aware that she was up and looked back at Diego.

"Piece of shit." Diego snarled.

Luther stood up and Five straightened his posture.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" He exclaimed and stormed towards Five. Luther picked the man up as he struggled to get to Five.

"Nope, let me- Get your ape hands off of me!"

"I can do this as long as it takes for you to calm down." Luther pointed out.

Diego stopped struggling and huffed out in annoyance, "Fine."

"Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?" Luther asked.