Chapter 30

Pogo turned around fully to face the two and his hard glare landed on Kali, causing her to cower behind Five again. He brought his gaze back over to Five, "I don't tattoo children." He immediately stated, standing his ground.

"Swell, we're not here for the ink." He inhaled through his teeth. "I'm here because you and I have a mutual friend. Sir Reginald Hargreeves."

Pogo let out a deep exhale, "Whatever he wants, I'm not interested." He declared and signalled for the man he was tattooing earlier, that he was done.

"I don't think you understand. We're his children. From another timeline." Five continued to explain, despite Pogo's back turned to them as he cleaned up his space.

Pogo's head perked up at that information and he slowly turned around. "Another timeline?" He chuckled in amusement, seeming not to believe him.

"As crazy as it sounds, we've met before. Back in 1963, when you were a diaper-wearing chimp in dire need of a manicure." He pulled down the neck of his shirt to show his scar. "I don't know if you remember, but I have a scar to prove it."

Pogo edged closer to them, "If what you're saying is true then you two would be well into your sixties. Now, if you excuse me, I've had a very long day." He put on his glasses and began to walk away.

"Pogo, you need to listen to me." Five began to plead but before he could take another step to follow the chimp out of the room, they were surrounded by men. Kali clutched onto Five's blazer and tried to bring herself as close to him as possible.

"Time to go home to mommy, little guy." One of the men joked, glaring down at Five with amusement.

"Or what?" Five snarked back and blinked the two of them out of there. Kali stumbled slightly when they reappeared outside the building, the change of scenery catching her slightly off guard since she had no warning that they were going to blink. The two's attention was pulled over to the sound of an engine revving and they watched as Pogo drove away on his bike and disappeared around the corner. "Shit." Five hissed. He looked around and jogged up to the biker closest to him, Kali quickly following behind. "Hey, I need your bike. It's an emergency." He attempted.

The biker scoffed, "Think you have me confused with someone who gives a shit."

"Give me the bike or else..." Five began to threaten but the biker ignored him and drove off. He watched him ride off in annoyance and inhaled through his teeth, "Okay. Hold on, Kal. We're getting on that damn bike."

Her eyes widened in surprise but she obeyed nonetheless. Fucksake, if he kills her she's so gonna be pissed.

Five blinked them onto the back of the man's bike and he shoved the poor dude off and onto the road. He quickly grabbed onto the handles before the bike could crash and followed Pogo.

Kali tightly wrapped her arms around his waist. 'Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. We're gonna fucking die.' She thought as she buried her face into his back, too terrified to keep watching. How do people calmly ride motorbikes?? It's a hunk of metal on two wheels, going 100 miles an hour. She was fully convinced that if she leaned too much to the side, the whole bike would just tip over and kill them both.

She didn't know how long they were riding for but she had eventually gathered enough courage to look up and watch the scenery fly past her. They were no longer in the midst of the rowdy city with all the towering buildings. They had followed him out to the country roads - similar to the ones they drove along with Klaus - and the sun was beginning to rise; dark blues, purples and some pink starting to bring their way into the sky.

You know, now that she was getting used to it and felt a bit safer on this death contraption... maybe it wasn't so bad after all. It was kind of nice. She didn't really want to get off it anymore.