Chapter 11

Kali had gone for a walk and Elliot was left alone at the apartment, he looked out the window eagerly waiting for the girl to come back so they could play Scrabble like every other Sunday. A small flash of blue light appeared along with a boy. The boy straightened his tie and looked behind him as a police car went by. He looked up at the window and Elliot quickly closed the blinds.

Five looked up at the roof and at the contraptions on top and continued towards the building. He blinked inside and landed on the stairs, he carefully walked up them and fixed his blazer. There was two doors, a plain wooden one and one that had it's blinds shut and had the words, 'Mortimer Gussman D.D.S' on it.

Five knocked on the glass of the door and the one beside him opened quickly. Elliot peaked his head through, "What do you want?"

"Hi, I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-" The boy was cut off by Elliot abruptly slamming the door in his face. Five huffed and blinked inside the room.

Elliot turned around at the flash of blue light behind him and shrieked. He stumbled to open a drawer and grabbed a knife whilst Five watched in amusement, "How'd you do that?"

"Don't really have time to explain."

"You from the Pentagon? Huh?"

"Definitely not."

"CIA? FBI. KGB?"

"Is that fresh?" Five asked pointing to a coffee pot on the table and he blinked over to it.

Elliot shrieked in surprise again.

Five casually poured himself a cup and walked past Elliot, into the living room while taking a sip of coffee.

"Hmm? This Colombian?" He asked, obviously content with how it tasted.

"Me and Kal's own blend."

Five made an impressed face and looked around the room. There were news paper cuttings, machines and pictures all around the place.

"You ever heard of, uh, Area 51? Roswell?" Five mused, walking around the room, obviously playing with the man.

Elliot chuckled and threw his knife on the table, "Hot damn! Whoo! See, I knew we weren't the only ones. See, Kal always tried to convince me my head wasn't screwed on tight, but... but it's all true, yeah? UFOs, crop circles..."

"Well, the truth is out there." Five played him.

"No, no, no, no, no. The... the truth, it's... right here infront of us." He stuttered walking closer to Five. "Tell me, wh... why's it always an anal probe?"

"Any closer, and I'll melt your brain." Five threatened.

"He needs a little space. Yes. I'll be over here." He said quickly backing up.

"All those contraptions on the roof, you built those, right?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, sure did. Yeah, I've been tracking anomalies in... in the atmosphere. Just waiting."

Five turned away from the machines, "Waiting for what?"

"For you." Elliot stated. "For all of you." Five looked at him weird so Elliot told the story. "It all started in 1960, the year the Silvertone Omega was released. I was in the middle of a sale when something very... strange happened. So, for the past three years, I've witnessed six energy surges in that alley way out back. Same thing every time. A bright blue light, then something appears."

Five stared at the board with pictures of people on them, "Did you get a good look at any of them?"

"Yeah, the first one, last one of course. And then the big, sensitive one."