Chapter 20

Everyone - except Klaus who was upstairs - was gathered around the television at Elliot's place, listening to what the news had to say about them. Kali sat on the stairs behind her siblings with her legs pulled up to her chest and Five stood beside her protectively as if he was expecting somebody to break in any second and shoot them all.

The reporter on the tv spoke, "Authorities are asking for help identifying eight persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald."

He paused and held up a picture of Vanya, "Vanya Hargreeves," Kali looked at her. "Wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza."

A picture of Diego was held up, "A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Diego questioned.

"...who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium." Then a picture of Luther. "A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias "King Kong."

Luther scoffed and Kali silently snickered, yeah, King-Kong is a pretty fitting name for the big hunk.

"Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadler's lunch counter. And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader."

If Kali was being honest, she didn't know if she should be impressed with Klaus or unsurprised.

"The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and girl," The man held up a picture of Five and Kali, her breath hitched and she immediately paled. Thousands of people were seeing her on their tv at the moment, she felt sick to her stomach at just the thought. "Who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

Five shrugged, "Well, it's true. I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

Kali's eyes were on the verge of spilling over with tears as she stared at her picture on the television that they still hadn't taken down and they were just holding it there.

"God, I hate that photo," Diego muttered.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison asked, enraged. "That's unbelievable."

Luther spoke up, "Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday. So-"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes. We let Kennedy die." Diego stated bitterly.

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world." Allison pointed out. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

Klaus came walking down the stairs slowly and he obviously didn't see Kali because he nearly bumped into her. She quickly stood up and Klaus quietly apologized.

Vanya looked around, "Well where are we supposed to go?"

Klaus raised his hand as he reached the bottom of the stairs, "I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, numbnuts." Five called from the bottom of the stairs and Klaus turned around to face him, Kali looked confused. When did Five leave her side? "Hidings not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

Diego nodded, "He's right. They'll never stop."

Five pursed his lips, "I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?"