Childhood (pt.7)

(17 years ago)

AN: Sorry, I do so many memory chapters, they're just fun and easy to write lmao. Don't expect this to be the last one tho...they are too addicting. I love writing about their childhood.

Today was their first day of dancing lessons. Allison had convinced their father that it would be a good idea, but everyone knew she just wanted to dance with Luther. Kali was terrified, she had to touch somebody. They had to touch her.

She was in her room pacing with her headphones when Diego walked in, "If you pace anymore you'll dig a hole straight through the ground and into my room" He joked.

She looked at him and tried to smile but couldn't so she just meekly nodded and began to bite her nails. He looked at her a bit worriedly, anxiety was radiating off of her but he shut the door nonetheless.

As soon as he left she began to pace again.

The bell rang not long after and all the siblings headed downstairs to stand in front of a door that they have never been in. Kali was shaking and almost all of her siblings were staring at her.

"Guys, stop staring. You're making it worse." Vanya scolded in a small whisper.

Kali wanted to thank her but how would she even be able to talk if she couldn't even look up from the floor?

They were called inside the room but before Kali could walk into the room Pogo stopped her. She peeled her eyes off of the floor and looked through a curtain of hair, "Miss Kali, Master Hargreeves has told me to inform you that you will not be needed to participate in this activity."

She just nodded but inside she was screaming with joy. She walked into the room with Pogo and the chimp led her over to where Reginald was formally standing.

Reginald stared down at her and took in her nervous and still-shaking state. "You may watch your siblings do this activity so that when the day comes you will know how to dance."

She nodded and stood beside him but kept her distance of at least 5 feet.

Luther and Allison were a pair, and Klaus was with Ben. Five, Diego and Vanya all took turns with each other. Everyone began to slow dance to the music Pogo played.

The whole time Five danced he was staring at Kali, she didn't notice though. She was too intrigued in watching Allison and Luther with a proud look.

She sat down on the floor when her legs began to grow tired but Reginald didn't seem to mind. Kali tapped her fingers on her thighs to the beat music as she looked around.

After 10 minutes of dancing, Five switched again so that Diego and Vanya were dancing. Reginald looked over to Five who was watching Kali intensely, unsure if he should risk it. He slowly made his way over to her with occasional glances at his siblings.

When he got in front of her she looked up with curious eyes and he wiped his hands on his shorts before holding one out. "Care to dance?"

She stared at his hand and bit her lip. Kali looked up at him, then to their father who was watching the two with a small glisten in his eyes. She looked back at Five and hesitantly nodded.

Kali carefully placed her hand on top of Five's and he lightly closed his fingers over the top of her hand as she got up.

They slowly walked back onto the dance floor and Kali stared at her feet. Most people looked at the two and smiled, Reginald just stared.

Five dropped her hand and waited for her to make the first move because with Kali you should usually wait for her to touch you first.

She looked around the room and everyone looked away quickly. "Don't look at them." Five whispered. She looked back at him and took half a step forward. She put one hand on his shoulder and picked up one of his hands again. He softly placed a hand on her lower waist and held it there, very loosely. They stepped side to side along with the music.

She looked back at her feet but Five didn't mind, he was just glad he was getting this dance. Every sibling was watching them now, even Reginald and Pogo. Five just smiled smugly at them all, one that said, 'Look at this. You see this? Yeah, I got her to do this, bitches!'

Diego and Luther scoffed at their brother, Pogo and the rest of their siblings smiled at the two and Reginald remained stony-faced but if you looked at him close enough there was a slight change in his appearance.

Five had got an idea and spun Kali, she nearly hit Ben and Diego and Five pulled her back. Her eyes widened and she looked at Five. She slapped his arm and looked around the room, they all pretended they haven't been watching the whole time again.

She looked at Five and glared, he was looking very proud of himself.

The song ended and she dropped her arms quickly, Five didn't drop his arms though. Everyone walked away from their partner and looked at Five and Kali.

Five leaned forward and placed a light kiss on the top of her head and then quickly walked out of the room.

Kali stood frozen in her spot and turned a light pink, Klaus started to clap and wolf whistle. Her shaking had ceased, she was just staring blankly at the wall. Everyone watched her, unsure how she was going to react.

She turned to look at her sisters, Vanya gave her a small smile and Allison gave her a thumbs up. A small smile crept onto her face and she ran out of the room, partially embarrassed but also too happy to care.

Yes, maybe she had a small crush on Five but she shoved that feeling away. He was her best friend, they couldn't get together, and he probably doesn't even feel the same way.

On more important matters, Klaus had teased the two for nearly a month about that kiss.

(Words: 1021)

AN: Hello, lovely people! This is just a quick chapter cause I have stupid homework to do. Anyways, love you all <3

-ash :)