Chapter 1

(Present day)

Kali was sitting in her room listening to a song on her Walkman while staring blankly at her wall.

A soft knock came from her door, she looked at it hesitantly but got up and opened it a bit more than a crack.

Her mother stood at the door and gave her the news of her father's death, Kali simply nodded, knowing that meant her siblings would be coming back home.

She shut her door and sat back down on her bed, the stress that was going through her body was uncomfortable. It made her heart twist and her stomach feel like a drop on a roller coaster.

She stood up and began to pace back and forward in her room, her hands shook at her sides so she brought them in front of her and fiddled with her fingers.

...

After a whole hour of walking around her room she heard the door open, she didn't know they were coming this early.

She put on the song that brought her the most comfort, 'September' of course, and walked downstairs. She felt like throwing up.

There Vanya stood, looking around the room, her eyes landed on Kali. "Hey, Kali" Vanya greeted.

Kali gave a small shaky smile but it disappeared quickly, the stress was too much and it was way too sudden. Her breathing quickened and her hands began to shake again. She just wanted to be ignored because according to Vanya's book she's, 'A mentally unstable, picky, needy, monster who can't control her powers.'

Then Allison walked into the room, "Vanya? You're actually here." She said. Kali was glad to not be noticed yet, but seeing another sibling made the stress way worse.

"Hey, Allison"

"Hey, sis"

They both stood there awkwardly for a moment, Allison then opened her arms and hugged Vanya.

Then Diego walked into the room and made matters worse for Kali.

"Ah. What are you doing here? You don't belong here. Not after what you did." Diego said with no shame as he walked past them.

"You're seriously gonna do this today? Way to dress for the occasion by the way." Allison mocked as Diego walked up the stairs.

Kali's song ended and she pressed a button to replay it. The button clicked and Vanya and Allison both looked at her. Kali looked up to see both sets of eyes on her, she immediately tensed and looked fearfully at the two as if they were going to attack her.

"Kali...you-you haven't grown" Allison stated the obvious.

Kali still didn't move a muscle, and Allison smiled awkwardly.

"Um, how are you doing?" Number Three asked still trying to make conversation.

Kali opened her mouth to say something and realized she couldn't. She snapped her mouth back closed and raced off up the stairs, leaving a concerned Vanya and Allison.

As soon as Kali reached her door she shut it until she was asked to come out again.

...

When she was asked to come out it wasn't by her mother or Pogo, it was by none other than big old Luther. She had seen him 4 years ago before he left for the moon but they never really exchanged words.

"Um, there's a meeting downstairs, you have to come down." He informed her. She nodded and shyly followed him with her head down.

When she entered the room she nervously fiddled with the Walkman in her hands and sat down away from everyone on the hard floor.