XXV

Twenty-five
'Eventually Everything Connects'

Waking up shivering dew to being cold. Reading the red digits beside me. Four O'clock in the morning. Turning reaching my arm out for Natasha. But she wasn't there.
With a huff moving off the bed as fast as I could. Using my crutches to get get a jacket. With my good arm placing it over my shoulders.

Going to her office first. Wasn't there. Kitchen. Nope. Main room, Also no. Last place I looked was the home gym. Here she was.
Lifting weights, the mobster's muscles flexed every time she did it. Had headphones on so she wouldn't have heard me come in.
Looking in the mirror the redhead saw me standing,barely, at the doorway. Taking her headphones off she spoke.

"Is that my jacket?"
"Come to bed I'm tired"
"Still doesn't explain why your wearing my jacket?"
"You only dressed me in panties and a t-shirt. I'm cold"

Sitting on the bed as Natasha came out of the shower moving to getting changed. I watched as she put sweats and a sports bra on. I mean do you blame me? Natasha is hot.

"I got something for you." She spoke breaking the silence, she grabbed something off the top self before walking over.
"What is it?" Handing it over to me. A phone, a new phone. "Where's my old one?" Asking out of curiosity.
"I had to get rid of it when I took you." Explained Natasha.
"Oh"
" you have my number as a emergency contact. All my trusted men are in your contacts also Yelena and Wanda. I don't want you contact anyone else just yet." She said
"So like my parents and friends" I earned a nod "alright" I reply understanding.

"Good girl, now go back to sleep. I'm right here"  she kissed my forehead.

"Morning boys" Natasha said walking into the dining room in a good mood. Me tailing behind, dressed in appropriate clothing.
"Morning Romanoff and y/n" the boys replied.
"Good morning" I replied.

As we eat Natasha was having conversations between the boys. Her hand snaked under the table and got reach of mine. I looked at her as she glanced over at me before continuing her chat with tony.
A smile came to my face as I interlock our fingers. Natasha gave my hand a little squeeze as the rest of breakfast she didn't let go.

What was happening? Why was she suddenly being like this?