13. "You'll find out..."

It is the next day and April and I has already gotten ourselves together for school. We head to school and go to our first period.

Sincere and April are acting pretty awkward towards each other. He keeps trying to make small talk and be physically affectionate with April but keeps telling him to stop touching her," I'm trying to focus, Sincere." Is what she said.

Christian whispers to me quietly," what's wrong with April."

"You'll find out..."

He seems confused.

Lunch time

It's time for April to confess so we go to this lake with a hiking trail that also has picnic table. We sit and talk and April spills the beans.

"I have an announcement to make."

I get on my phone but Christian and Sincere brings their attention to April.

"I'm pregnant."

Christian nudges Sincere,"Boa, why you ain't tell me I was finna be an uncle."

"shi, this new to me, but baby I could've sworn I pulled out. Are you sure?" Sincere looks confused.

"That's the thing Sincere...It's not yours..."

Sincere is saddened so he gets up and puts his hands above his head and walk the trail.

Christian is too stunned to speak but he catches up with Sincere to calm him down.

I can tell April is ashamed, she looks like she wants to cry.

"Hey, I'm proud of you, ok? You'll be a great mother. I'm always here ok?

She nods and we hug each other.

"I feel so bad for cheating though."

"Shit happens April, it's life. Just forgive yourself and forget."

She hugs me again and starts crying. Christian and Sincere comes back.

"You could've just told me April."

She looks up at Sincere, her mascara is smeared all over eyes," I'm sorry, I really am."

"You really went and had a baby on me tho.."

"I know and I really regret..."

He shakes his head no,"Well, it was nice being together, I hope you and yours have a good life."

He walks away and gets in the passenger seat of the car.

Soon, the rest of us get in the car. Christian's driving so that means April and I get in the backseat. On the way back to school the silence was hella loud.We get to school and go to class.

8th period

"So how do you feel about what happened today?" Christian looks at me.

"I mean...it was sad to watch. But you know...shit happens."

He nods" yeah, Sincere was heart broken. He wasn't mad at her, he felt like everything was his fault."