29. "Hey, I'm talking to you."

It's been six weeks since I gave birth and thank God by postpartum belly has went away. David still hasn't put the baby down, he brings Malachai to the studio and everything. Since David always have Malachai under his wing, I have more me time and I can get more hours to do what I please. We also talked about us being in a relationship and we decided to put everything behind us and let go of our traumas that we had. So we're back together.

Today I'm not booked so at the moment I'm laying in bed and binge watching on tv.

I hear my phone chime so I pick it up. It's a text from David, he asked what am I doing. I text back and say "nothing, watching tv." Moments later he gives me a call and I pick up.

"Hello?"

"Come to the studio, I don't want you locked up in the house all day."

I hear familiar voices in the back ground, " yk her lame ass ain't coming out." It's sincere.

"Right." I hear April's voice.

I giggle, "I'm on my way."

"Alright, hurry up." David says.

"Boy shut up." I chuckle.

We say bye and hang up.

I already took another shower this morning and threw on a lazy day fit but now I have to change. I didn't want to out do it since I'm just going to the studio for a few mins. So I put on a boring ass fit.

After getting dressed, I put on some lashes and lipgloss leaving my face bare. I wasn't really in the mood to wear wakeup today. I  spray some perfume on me and let my hair down. I grab my purse and keys and out the door I go.

I get to the studio and I see David in the booth with Malachai in his arms while rapping. This man really won't put my baby down.

I greet Sincere and April and they greet me back.

"Has he put Malachai down yet?"

"Nope he's been holding him since we got here." Sincere says.

I sigh and sit down.

Moments later David comes out of the booth and greets me with a hug. I hug him back and take the baby out of his hands.

"Since we're all here... Sincere and I have something to ask the 2 of you?"

"And that is?..." I say

"Angel, will you be my maid of honor?" April asks me.

"And David you tryna be my groom of honor." Sincere asks David .

David and I turn and look at each other and back at them.

I grin,"Hoe you getting married? Before me?!"

April laughs, "yes."

"Ofc I will, congratulations." We hug each other.

David daps sincere up, "fasho."

After kicking it at the studio for an hour or two, David takes Malachai and I home. I moved out of mom's house a week after giving birth like I said I would. She still visits me all the time. Our bond will never break.

Once we made it home I gave Malachai a bath. As soon as I get Malachai dressed, David picks him up and holds him. While David takes care of him, I go do my night routine. After I get out, David puts Malachai in his crib and let him sleep peacefully. I join David in the living room and watch tv while sitting beside him. I guess you could say we live together now. Best believe the house is in my name tho.

He leans back and places his hand against my thigh, gliding his thumb up and down on my skin. I look at his hand and back up at him. He turns and looks at me, eyes full of lust.

"What you doing tomorrow?"

I fold my arms, "You place your hand on my thigh just to ask what im doing tomorrow?"

He laughs, "you bugging. I know what you trying to imply."

I grin, "Mhm...well April and I discussed going out for a girl's day."

"Oh. I'll keep Kai (short for Malachai) for you."

"You need a break David, I'm taking him with me. Plus I barely spend time with him cuz you always taking him."

"If you say so."

It gets quiet for a few moments and then David speaks again.

"You should come to one of my shows."

"When is it?"

"I have another one after Sincere and April's wedding. I haven't hosted shows lately cuz we had the baby."

"Sounds good. I'd be glad to go."

"Alright."

The next day

Around 2 pm, April and I met up at the mall to chop it up.

As we enter Gucci we take a look around the beauty isle.

"So how's things going with you and David."

"Pretty good tbh. I just can't believe you and Sincere are getting married! I'm so happy for you!." I smile.

"Thanks gworl. I'm shocked that he proposed. It was hella unexpected."

"Well... I wish you guys nothing but happiness and everlasting love."

"Thank you." April smiles.

April and I buy a few items from Gucci and exit. We make our way to other stores then we go to the food court. I bought chinese food and April bought pizza. We sit and talk about what we have planned for ourselves in the future.

"I don't really have anything planned fr. I just wanna raise Kai and make money."

"Not you kicking David to the curve."

I laugh, "stop it's not even like that."

April laughs also.

I see a man in my peripheral vision, sit at the table beside us, and rest his head on his hand and smile. I try to ignore it but something doesn't seem right. I turn to see Misiel blow a kiss at me once he has gotten my attention.

I get out of my seat and throw my food away, "April let's go."

April gets out of her seat, "oh shit.." she peeps what's going on.

"Where you going, mama? I just got here." Misiel chuckles as he rises from his seat and looks down at Malachai in his stroller. "He looks just like his father."

I grab the stroller and walk away from him. Misiel grabs the back or my arm, "Hey, I'm talking to you."

April reaches for her Glock in her purse, "I advise you take your hands off her and get the fuck up outta here. And never speak to her again."

Misiel aggressively let's go of my arm, "this ain't over." He walks away

Yes I changed his name to David cuz new readers weren't comprehending and was bothered that I changed his name in the first place.