Sloth vs Pride

Pleiades P.O.V

The first sound that reached my ears was the sound of flesh being torn apart, though that didn't last song as something akin to a giant explosion could be heard from far away.

I couldn't exactly see what happened, but I already knew what had happened, I didn't need to see it to know exactly what occured.

I have oblitarated the cultists that were standing beside Petelgeuse, I'm not sure if he himself is still alive after that, but I hadn't hit him directly unlike his lackeys who were most likely nothing more than red paint on the ground of the capital.

As the smoke cleared, a figure emerged, he had been blown back quite a bit due to the force of the attack, but he was certainly still alive.

Once the smoke had fully cleared I could see him looking down at the ground as he started to bite hit fingers to the point that blood started to leak out of his fingers.

Petelgeuse: Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? WHY?! To betray the Witch...How dare you?! My precious fingers have been killed because of your backwards actions!!

He was yelling like the maniac he was, utterly shameless.

Fingers? Killed? What was he reffering to? Obviously not his own fingers as killing something like an actual finger isn't possible since that is a mere part of the body, not an actual living sentient being.

Perhaps that's what the other cultists were called? No...Most likely not...Maybe...

Maybe that's some kind of special group in the Witchcult? But if so, what makes them special? It would be difficult to figure out now, but-

No, it doesn't matter anyway. Finger or not, if they're dead than they don't pose a threat to me.

Pleiades: Not to interrupt your little...rant? But I need to put out that large fire behind me, so do me a favor and drop dead, okay?

I doubt he'll actually listen to my words, which was unfortunate, but expected.

Hari: W-W-What just happened?!

I turn to look at him.

Pleiades: Don't you think a royal guard needs to have some composure? You're quite lacking in that department right now.

I didn't wait for a response as I turned back to my current enemy, Petelgeuse.

Petelgeuse: That's it! I'll tear to shreds for lying about being able to free Satella! I'll make sure you feel your own slothfulness! Your utter unimportance to her!

He raised his arms and yelled out.

Petelgeuse: Authority of Sloth! Unseen Hand!

.....Uh, I mean, he yelled out and attack name, I think? Nothing is happening though, is something supposed to happen or what?

I didn't let my guard down though as I heard that the Archbishops use unknown powers that no one knows of, but if it was anything like my own power than it would have been something more flashy....

Pleiades:...So, uh-

As I was about to ask about where his supposed attack was, my eyes suddenly turned purple as my body forced me to use the Eyes of Envy, why? Well, because right infront of me, less than an inch away from my face was a purple hand about to grab me by the head.